Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The TRADE THREAD
Reported on SEN that Andrew Raines wishes to be released so he can return to QLD......

edit: I know it's reported in the playing list 2010 thread but thought it needed its own Smile
Paid up 2017 Member.
Re: SEN report: Raines wants out.

I thought this had been discussed in another thread.
[COLOR=rgb(255, 140, 0)]MY AVATAR: [SIZE=4]1967 WEG tiger[/SIZE][/COLOR]

Yes, have been hearing this as well, not only on SEN, also MMM and 3AW. They say has been disappointed at the opportunity Richmond has given him, often overlooking him for selection when he felt he was ready to play.

Well, all I can say is if you don't want to be at Tigerland... don't be !!!
[Cool]
JETZ SPONSOR OF MATTY DEA 2012 Smile

I dont hink i ever saw him in the best for Coburg this year.
200 Channels. Nothing but cats...

He may have been able to play, but he wasn't playing good enough to get selected. Maybe the motivational factor tapered off after a few injuries and playing at Coburg. If he wants to go, let him, but also a new coach may be able to invigorate and motivate him. I still reckon he can play good footy.
Proud advocate of the two Tiger hardnuts, Dusty 'Dont Argue" Martin and Brad 'The Wrath of' Helbig

Wonder if that is why he was made emergency last Friday? Seems like a bit too little, too late.

Sorry Rainesy but yeah if you don't want to be here (and how much pressure would he have been under to live up to his Dad's legacy?) then well.. yeah see if we can trade him or something.

I wish him the best but if he wants out then we should let him go.
Paid up 2017 Member.

I believe Raines is out of contract ( as stated in previous thread ) . So I guess then, he's free to go.

Bye
JETZ SPONSOR OF MATTY DEA 2012 Smile

Willy Wrote:I dont hink i ever saw him in the best for Coburg this year.

Was that a criterion for selection this year? There has been some odd elevations after average performances at Coburg.
(Prospective) Advocate for the 2018 Exhilarator.
Noah Bolta

If he wants to go, let him. No hard feelings, I just don't see the point in forcing players to be there when they don't want to be. It's clear that his on-field performance is well below potential, might do him good to have a fresh start elsewhere.
2010/2011/2012 Sponsor of Jake King

Agree. can't see us getting much for him though. His mobility seemed a tad limited.... both physical and mental.

Sponsor 2019- Jack Ross

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  2012 List Management thread (including trade and free agency talk) Dmactiger 4,279 146,841 24-01-2013, 13:23
Last Post: Anduril
  The 2010 Trade Thread duncan 2,004 99,166 15-10-2010, 23:05
Last Post: Gimme
  The trade poll thread duncan 20 1,836 12-10-2010, 15:08
Last Post: justmike