Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Delistings/trades - Meyer and Casserly delisted
It's going to be a hard year for delistings/trades, and next year will be even worse.

There is not a lot left to play with at the bottom of the list.

I think Danny is on the edge, but I'm confident he'll get a contract renewal.

Cass is very very lucky he's contracted.

Maybe this needs it's own thread [edit:done, hully], but I'd be wanting to take 4 kids in a deep draft and someone in the PSD, so that is 5 players that have to make way. Look at the list and tell me that's not a hard job.

It's become fairly clear that Tivva will retire, and Pettifer will either walk away or be traded, so that's two. Who will be the other three? Someone young that hasn't had a great crack for whatever reason is going to have to go, I can't see any way around it.

There may also be the opportunity to do something with Polak's spot, similar to what Essendon did with Rama, or he may not come back at all, so we may only need to find two more to delist/trade.

In the hot spot:

Cass - Been constantly injured, highly rated by the staff, is contracted, but to be fair to everyone else i'm including him in this list because he should be included. It's possible he could be traded despite being contracted.

Meyer - Been constantly injured, highly rated by the staff, just starting to show something. Important time for Danny. Needs to crack the seniors.

JON - Been constantly injured, highly rated by the staff, this was suposed to be his 'break out' year according to TW. Has been given a few opportunities and not taken them. I'm worried for him.

Jackson - I like him, good size, seems to get better the more senior games he plays in a row, but doesn't seem to get that opportunity. Is he a depth player or is he gone?

Hyde - Mature aged, middle of the road player. Does his job. Will we keep him for depth or give someone younger another year of development?

King - Love him, but does he have what it takes? Has some obvious weaknesses in his game, and is mature aged. Has to be included in this group.

Raines - Where are you Andew? Injured at just the wrong time, now others have gone past him. Surely he'll be given an opportunity to fight back...? If GC17 were in this year, well, his time may have been up at RFC.

Pretty tough isn't it? Would be made easier if we get another senior retirement, either Bowden or Sugar, but from recent interviews both seem keen to stay with this young group for another year.

Thoughts?
<CENSORED> [:-skull] <FILTERED>
Re: Danny Meyer

Given the pressure for spots, I would think Joel Bowden would be in the list of considerations, while Angus Graham would be on the list also.
(Very) Proud advocate of Dean Polo 2007

JB is on the veteran's list, isn't he?

I though about Gus, but unless we're guaranteed to be bringing in a better, more developed ruck, he'll stay for sure.

I hate thinking about delistings... but here's a thought I'll share... HOOTERS!!!
[url="http://www.yellowandblack.com.au/forum/showpost.php?p=191376&postcount=158"]"Richmond"[/url]- SIA

Zarathustra Wrote:JB is on the veteran's list, isn't he?
Yep, it would only free up a rookie spot if he went because no other player will be an eligible veteran next year, except Richo who is already on the veterans list.

Gus Graham is contracted to the end of 2009.
"The future will be better tomorrow." (Dopey) Dan Quayle

Forbesy Wrote:Yep, it would only free up a rookie spot if he went because no other player will be an eligible veteran next year, except Richo who is already on the veterans list.

Gus Graham is contracted to the end of 2009.

They can still cut them even if contracted. Just means we have to pay out the contract and that sum goes into the TPP
2017 Advocate for the Rising Star Jack Graham
Those who don't believe in magic will never find it. Ronald Dahl 1978

hully Wrote:Look at the list and tell me that's not a hard job.
I have looked, and I can't tell you that it's easy.

Tigerflag2008 Wrote:Angus Graham would be on the list also.
I agree.

Forbesy Wrote:Gus Graham is contracted to the end of 2009.
Yet on OER, mightytiges has him listed as only contracted for 2008, I believe. It could be an important fact. If uncontracted, and we trade for Warnock, he's most likely gone.Personally,I'd let him go because I don't think he's up to it, but then I'll trust the coaching staff to make the decision, because they're better placed than I am.

My thoughts on who should get delisted at year's end fluctuate from month to month. I think the best course of action is to review things after all matches are played, including Coburg finals matches. I think there is only one certainty, and that's Greg Tivendale.

Gracie Wrote:They can still cut them even if contracted. Just means we have to pay out the contract and that sum goes into the TPP
Very true, Gracie. It may very well happen this year, especially if the player is on minimum payments. Of course, the Carl Peteson scenario must be noted, where they didn't have to pay out the contract.
Re: The inevitable delistings and trade thread

Gracie Wrote:They can still cut them even if contracted. Just means we have to pay out the contract and that sum goes into the TPP

Yeah, or can still trade Gus if he agrees to it (and someone wants him).

That was an aside in my post. My main point was how it's pointless to consider delisting Bowden to free a spot on the list because it won't do it. It won't contribute to a compulsory pick in the national draft.
"The future will be better tomorrow." (Dopey) Dan Quayle
Re: The inevitable delistings and trade thread

Explain the veteran's thing to me again Forbsey. I'm not quite sure I understand all the ins and outs. Salary outside the cap? Spot outside the senior list?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  2017 Confirmed Player Trades and Free Agency Moves Jools 1 554 19-10-2017, 14:38
Last Post: Jools
  Retirements and delistings 2016 Jools 72 5,109 10-11-2016, 11:16
  Retirements, Delistings 2014 Jools 170 16,694 14-11-2014, 09:03
Last Post: Anduril
  2014 Trades asked for prior to Trade Week Forbesy 0 1,199 24-09-2014, 20:46
Last Post: Forbesy
  Delistings and Retirements 2013 Jools 10 2,309 01-11-2013, 22:13
Last Post: Barrel
  Completed Trades 2013 Jools 5 639 26-10-2013, 20:13
Last Post: Vosstiger
  Non Richmond Teams trades, drafting and free agency 2013 simmo27 93 5,584 25-10-2013, 14:37
  Trades, Delistings & Retirements 2011 TigerHardwick 237 11,068 03-11-2011, 09:14
Last Post: Gracie
  Casserly Charged With Failing A Drug Test Gracie 105 4,430 06-06-2011, 11:54
Last Post: Cardtrader
  Worst Trades Ever SouthernStand 13 1,541 19-04-2011, 20:47
Last Post: KENNY POWERS