Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yellow & Black Gazette
Today, you will have received the first issue of the Yellow & Black Gazette.

I've purchased this software so that Newsletters can be generated from the posts during the week.

At this stage, the software is in beta so there's bound to be some problems however, I'm pretty impressed with end result. I like how the newsletter is formatted to look like the site.

I'm interested in your feedback on the Yellow & Black Gazette. Please post your thoughts here.
Cheers!

Please don’t PM me with help issues as I won’t respond. Use the Help & Suggestions Forum.
2018 - Fighting Tiger Fund Patron
2018 - Official Richmond Cheer Squad Member
Excellent format, Ned but if I'm on site 20 times a day don't see that I need it.
Thanks for the effort.
[size="3"][color="yellow"]Grandad Tiger's main man for 2008 is: Kayne Pettifer.[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/color][/size]
[size="3"] [/size]
[size="3"][color="#ffff00"]Richo 09......Me Too.[/color][/size]
I'll let you know when I get it Ned - as in, she no come to me (yet)
Paid up 2017 Member.
I got it, twice Smile

Looks good Ned, I think i counted Chris88's avatar about 8 times on the page lol
SIA & Gracie = Grumpy Old Men
TimeForTheTigerIsNow Wrote:I got it, twice Smile
Me, too - labelled #3 & #4! Cool

I agree that reproducing the site format is a great idea, Ned & if it's easier on you to use this software, then even better. [:-thumbu]
[COLOR=rgb(255, 215, 0)]Advocate for Shane Edwards
[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgb(255, 215, 0)]Guardian of the Shane Tuck Eternal Flame
[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgb(255, 215, 0)]Do not scorn a weak cub - he may become the brutal tiger [/COLOR]... Mongolian proverb
I'm still learning how to use this software and unfortunately I set it so that it would mail out weekly but forgot to adjust the date - which showed May 26!

I also mistakenly set it to send to people who had elected not to receive Admin e-mail. If you're one of these Members - oops....sorry about that.

I've amended the above 2 settings. The next Yellow & Black Gazette will be sent on June 1 and those Members who had elected not to receive Admin e-mail will not receive a copy.

IMHO the software I'm using is pretty cool - it's currently in Beta release 4 with the production release due soon. The more I learn how to use it the better tool it will become for people to keep up to date with what's going on with the site.

Release 4 now has an Unsubscribe link at the bottom of each e-mail making it easier for people who wish to unsubscribe from the Gazette.

I hope you all enjoy the newsletter - even if you're a regular visitor to the site, I'm hoping you'll get some useful information from it such as Hot Topics, and Most Viewed topics. I'll also include any announcements in the Gazette to make sure that you're all informed about what's happening on the site.
Cheers!

Please don’t PM me with help issues as I won’t respond. Use the Help & Suggestions Forum.
I'd better change my settings to not receive admin emails - as I basically live here and will not need the email Wink

Well I never got it unfortunately so can't comment.
Paid up 2017 Member.
RichardMEL Wrote:Well I never got it unfortunately so can't comment.
Not sure why you didn't receive it - perhaps it was blocked by mail server as possible SPAM? The e-mail is sent by '[email protected]' so maybe add this to your e-mail's 'while list' to make sure for next time.

So you can see what you missed, you can view the online archive at http://www.yellowandblack.com.au/forum/newsletter.php
Cheers!

dalla Wrote:I'd better change my settings to not receive admin emails - as I basically live here and will not need the email Wink
And miss out on my tutorials? :eek:
Cheers!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Welcome to the new Yellow and Black Ned 36 4,289 03-04-2015, 23:02
Last Post: Ned
  Yellow and Black unavailable tonight (January 23, 2014) Ned 17 1,895 29-01-2014, 18:32
Last Post: RROFO
  Yellow and Black Newsletter Ned 13 1,435 28-05-2008, 15:19
Last Post: RichardMEL
  Yellow and Black Merchandise RichardMEL 260 19,667 25-04-2008, 13:27
Last Post: Crusher
  New to Yellow and Black - Zoints! Ned 6 1,245 01-09-2006, 21:31
Last Post: fightingfury
  Yellow and Black Update - August 30 2006 Ned 0 1,044 30-08-2006, 17:53
  Yellow and Black Update - August 21 2006 Ned 0 980 21-08-2006, 11:12
  Yellow and Black Update - August 1 2006 Ned 0 921 01-08-2006, 22:58