Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reposting of Sportal Content
It hasn't stopped other sites to date. They can't have singled Y&B out that's illegal.

Will you be questioning Ashley on that ?
''Since that day as a very young boy staring out enraptured between MCG bodies I have known it always has been and always will be about the club.''
HKTiger Wrote:It hasn't stopped other sites to date. They can't have singled Y&B out that's illegal.

Will you be questioning Ashley on that ?
Nope - I'd rather err on the side of caution and comply. However, if anyone finds any other site reposting information from Sportal, I'd suggest that you let Ashley know by e-mailing him: [email protected]
Cheers!

Please don’t PM me with help issues as I won’t respond. Use the Help & Suggestions Forum.
2018 - Fighting Tiger Fund Patron
2018 - Official Richmond Cheer Squad Member
Infamy Wrote:How about we just don't post anything from Sportal

Well I am with Infamy with this.

There are plenty of information out there so Sportal isn't getting any exclusive as far as I can see.

Can't really see the problem as long as it is acknowledged it came from Sportal. Pretty narrow minded actually.

Can we add the word Sportal to the swear filter?
2017 Advocate for the Rising Star Jack Graham
Those who don't believe in magic will never find it. Ronald Dahl 1978
Gracie Wrote:Well I am with Infamy with this.

There are plenty of information out there so Sportal isn't getting any exclusive as far as I can see.

Can't really see the problem as long as it is acknowledged it came from Sportal. Pretty narrow minded actually.

Can we add the word Sportal to the swear filter?
I'm happy to not have their articles shown here at all.
Cheers!

Please don’t PM me with help issues as I won’t respond. Use the Help & Suggestions Forum.
2018 - Fighting Tiger Fund Patron
2018 - Official Richmond Cheer Squad Member
*sigh*

That's a real shame. You can pretty much end up in legal action for doing almost anything it would seem.

proffessional optimist Wrote:There's an article by Tony Greenburg about Howats promotion. It has been posted in full by bigfooty but i am not sure how it should be posted here. Help, please Smile ?
I've posted it, po - Tony Greenberg is the RFC's Media Manager, not a Sportal employee.

Also, there is no mention of any of the three "attribution lines" quoted in Ned's initial post.

By the way, Ned - what happened to the following principle, as recorded at the bottom of our Home Page?

As all news articles are in the public domain they are reposted on this site under the "Fair Use" copyright exemption for "the reporting of news".

Can Sportal claim "breach of copyright" when there is a legal exemption for exactly this sort of situation?
[COLOR=rgb(255, 215, 0)]Advocate for Shane Edwards
[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgb(255, 215, 0)]Guardian of the Shane Tuck Eternal Flame
[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgb(255, 215, 0)]Do not scorn a weak cub - he may become the brutal tiger [/COLOR]... Mongolian proverb
Rather than read the post in full here (with all acknowledgements to the source of the article) they want us to link to their page to view it.

Big Dick syndrome for how many hits are on their site maybe?
Put a Tiger in your Tank
Mal - the stupid thing is that if we follow their "edict", Sportal end up not being mentioned at all on this site, because the link will normally show "richmondfc.com.au" or "afl.com.au", as in Ned's example!

Ned Wrote:I've altered this thread [URL="http://www.yellowandblack.com.au/forums/showthread.php?p=68814"]http://www.yellowandblack.com.au/forums/showthread.php?p=68814[/URL] as an example of what is required in the future.
We very rarely quote directly from "sportal.com.au", so exactly what do they gain? [:-dunce]
[/COLOR]

[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgb(255, 215, 0)]Do not scorn a weak cub - he may become the brutal tiger [/COLOR]... Mongolian proverb
seenitall Wrote:Mal - the stupid thing is that if we follow their "edict", Sportal end up not being mentioned at all on this site, because the link will normally show "richmondfc.com.au" or "afl.com.au", as in Ned's example!

We very rarely quote directly from "sportal.com.au", so exactly what do they gain? [:-dunce]

Yeah I understand that but the article headline does normally have exclusive to whoever.com.au in it for sportal.com.au
All I can suggest is that they are looking after their own and their partners interests to make sure people visit their respective web pages.

I would have thought it may have something to do with the amount of traffic that gets directed to each site, the more hits the better chance each site has of selling their product.

P.S. You having trouble sleeping Old Timer? Big Grin
Put a Tiger in your Tank
malreid Wrote:P.S. You having trouble sleeping Old Timer? Big Grin
I'm often up & about overnight, mate - my work (from home) involves a fair bit of contact with the UK, Canada & the US, so I'm usually controlled by their business hours, unfortunately! [:-sleep]
[/COLOR]

[/COLOR]