Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reposting of Sportal Content
As per the letter I've received from the Managing Editor of Sportal, Ashley Browne, anybody reposting content that meets the criteria set out below must do so as requested. If the content breaches this directive from Sportal, it shall have to be deleted.

Following the email I received yesterday, this letter is to confirm that you are not permitted to re-publish any content previously published by Sportal Australia on its own site ([URL="http://www.sportal.com.au/"]www.sportal.com.au[/URL]) or syndication partners including, but not restricted to, [URL="http://www.afl.com.au/"]www.afl.com.au[/URL] and [URL="http://www.richmondfc.com.au/"]www.richmondfc.com.au[/URL].

As is the case with other message boards, we will allow you to publish the headline and first paragraph of the story, but there must then be a link through to the full story as published on any of our sites.

All content prepared by Sportal is protected by copyright. On the AFL and Richmond websites, you can identify our content by one of these attribution lines
  • Sportal for afl.com.au
  • Exclusive to afl.com.au
  • Exclusive to richmondfc.com.au'
Any further publication of Sportal content in full on the yellowandblack.com.au website will be regarded as a breach of copyright, and we will commence legal action immediately.

Perhaps one option is to no longer promote media and other websites through this website by refusing to repost any content from other sites.
Cheers!

Please don’t PM me with help issues as I won’t respond. Use the Help & Suggestions Forum.
2018 - Fighting Tiger Fund Patron
2018 - Official Richmond Cheer Squad Member
I've altered this thread http://www.yellowandblack.com.au/forums/...hp?p=68814 as an example of what is required in the future.
Cheers!

Please don’t PM me with help issues as I won’t respond. Use the Help & Suggestions Forum.
Bloody hell that is fairly tight by Sportal if you ask me.
The extra f is for fanatical
Legal action against the poster and/or the site I assume. Perhaps they should put in place software guards to prevent copying of thier items, after the 1st paragraph of course.
Im thinking that is a fairly onerous watchdog liability to place on a forum website proprietor.
Its the Suede Denim Secret Police, theyve come for YOU Mofo.
Do you think they have even checked for their articles or have simply sent this e-mail to all the main forums predicting each one would have some of their content.
How about we just don't post anything from Sportal
There's an article by Tony Greenburg about Howats promotion. It has been posted in full by bigfooty but i am not sure how it should be posted here. Help, please Smile ?
link to the bigfooty post?
proffessional optimist Wrote:There's an article by Tony Greenburg about Howats promotion. It has been posted in full by bigfooty but i am not sure how it should be posted here. Help, please Smile ?
As mentioned in the letter, if it states any of the following:
  • Sportal for afl.com.au
  • Exclusive to afl.com.au
  • Exclusive to richmondfc.com.au
We can't repost the article in full. If in doubt, post the first paragraph and supply the article link.
Cheers!

ballast Wrote:Legal action against the poster and/or the site I assume. Perhaps they should put in place software guards to prevent copying of thier items, after the 1st paragraph of course.
Im thinking that is a fairly onerous watchdog liability to place on a forum website proprietor.
Nope, legal action against just me Sad
Cheers!