Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2019 Player Countdown
(07-02-2019, 10:29)Vines Wrote: Not sure I’d like to be drafted to the Tigers as a key back...

Because of Rance and Astbury??

Rance 29 and Astbury 28 this year so the Club needs to have long term replacement options in place now. Miller at 19 fits that space and will be 23 by the time either Rance or Astbury are in decline.

Additionally you would get to learn off the best defenders going around.
2017 Advocate for the Rising Star Jack Graham
Those who don't believe in magic will never find it. Ronald Dahl 1978
with Garthwaite in front of him in the pecking order , for now anyway, and Balta also competing for a similar spot he has a tough job breaking into the top side

I seem to recall he got a good rap in a couple of games where the VFL got low on numbers later in the season , before that his name wasn't getting much attention in the VFL
the fact he stood up when things got tough was a good sign, some of our VFL games were very one sided and they would have been hard for a back man to get any rhythm.

He might be the classic young tall , needs more time.

Has anyone watched him closely at the VFL ?
I feel the need , The need for SPEED
I see Garthwaite as a replacement for Grimes in time. Balta can be anything so replacement for Rance.

Have to start building the future team now. Looking 4 to 5 years in advance.
Next up we have #45 Patrick Naish. Patrick is listed at 182cm and 71kg although from training reports on other sites he has reportedly put on some size. Originally from Ivanhoe Vic he is yet to play a senior game.

Another on the development list and realistic is some way from a regular senior gig although named as a reserve for the seniors late in 2018. Good skill set and running. Looks to being set for a defensive half back/wing role.

Had 32 possessions and 10 marks in one VFL game last year v Sandringham
our private conversation continues :-)
Naish was written off by many as a "project" player early last year

I saw game 1 in the VFL and trying to match faces with names was a challenge , but when I worked out which one was Naish
he did a couple of "nice" things but was a long way off knocking the door down for the 1's

I read our VFL reports with interest and there seemed to be the same vein coming , Naish was a pleasant surprise
and some suggesting he had come along well and might have been a sneaky chance late in the season of a call up

roll around 2019 and I wait with interest to see how he is progressing
I can't help feel that our VFL side is a good development area and it showed in Patricks development thru the season
Think Naishy might find himself getting a gig in the 1s if he maintains his development and the rumour of his increased size are true
4 months away from the spotlight and people at an open preseason training reckon half the list have increased in size

might be getting up close and the players being in singlet tops creates an illusion :-)

but guys like Naish are likely to put on weigh and muscle as their bodies mature and they go thru successive preseasons

bring on the JLT games and we will get to see some of these guys in action
Rumours are that Sydney Stack has signed a contract with the Tigers so I will include him for Saturday with Eggmolesse-Smith.

So with jumper no 44 we have Sydney Stack. 177cm and 72kg. Has speed. Has an inside game as well as outside. Wins the ball. However didn't get picked up in the National Draft reportedly due to attitude and off issues.

Inside information has him signed on at Richmond. Living with the Hardwicks so Mrs Hardwick should get him sorted out.

Various training reports have highlighted good skills and speed

We have rolled the dice and if his mind set is improved then we could be on a smokey here.

Derek Eggmolesse-Smith is also down for Saturday. He is 180cm and 76kg and wears jumper #43. DOB 4/5/1998 so will be 21 in May this year. Comes from Wentworth in NSW via Bendigo 18s.

He came to us via the Category B rookie selection in the 2018 Rookie Draft Next Generation Academy. Didn't get started until late in 2018 (Around August) due to stress reaction in his shins that turned into a fracture.

Has two more years on the Category B rookie list so has time to show us what he can do.

For Sunday we have Ryan Garthwaite. Ryan is 192cm and 91kg. Wears jumper number 42. DOB 30/6/98 so turns 21 in June this year.

From Lavington NSW via Murray U18. Taken in the 5th round (at #72 overall) in the 2016 National Draft. Has played 2 games last year and did not look out of place.

Was on stand by for finals so is in the mix for senior selection in 2019. Out of Contract at the end of this year.

And for today we have Mabior Chol. Mabior is 199cm and 93kg and wears jumper #41. DOB is 29/1/1997 so recently turned 22.

Is from Sudan via Yeronga Qld and came to us through the 2016 Rookie Draft at selection 30. Was delisted last year but taken again in the 2019 Rookie draft.

Can be anything or nothing. Ball is in his court.
(07-02-2019, 10:29)Vines Wrote: Not sure I’d like to be drafted to the Tigers as a key back...

hey , given their recent track record I'd like to be drafted by the Tigers  (full stop) :-)

or to look at it another way   - would you like to recruited to Carlton as a backman  LMFAO :-) :-)

For the Sat/Sun/Monday players

Sydney = X factor or just a darn cheap pick , his highlights reel is very pleasing and staying at the Hardwick house also says something

Egg - cant comment

Garthwaite - appears to be AFL quality from his brief time in the 1's , just needs more chances

Chol - was starting to raise eyebrows with improved performances in the VFL when he had the training mishap occurred , as Gracie said all or nothing
It's official for Sydney Stack Smile

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2019-0...dney-stack

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Membership 2019 Jools 1 325 31-01-2019, 12:28
Last Post: Jools
  Tigers in the News 2019 new numbers Crusher 8 449 11-12-2018, 14:19
Last Post: Vines
  Tigers ‘expect’ AFLW licence in 2019 Ned 0 159 22-05-2017, 21:12
Last Post: Ned
  2014 Player Countdown Jools 280 10,766 25-03-2014, 12:16