Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tigers primed for big pre-season
Tigers primed for big pre-season

[Image: 061217_Preseason140.jpg]
Richmond’s Physical Performance Manager Peter Burge doesn’t subscribe one iota to the theory that the Tigers are disadvantaged in their preparations for season 2018 because of this year’s premiership triumph.

[url="http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2017-12-06/tigers-primed-for-big-preseason"]Continue reading...[/url]
Cheers!

Please don’t PM me with help issues as I won’t respond. Use the Help & Suggestions Forum.
2018 - Fighting Tiger Fund Patron
2018 - Official Richmond Cheer Squad Member
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-12-05/po...-blueprint

Oh no! Collingwood are not going to try and emulate us...they obviously know better
non believers!!!

May the fangs of 2017 snarling tigers pierce your sorry hide.
Andrew Read
honestjohn, post: 1506746, member: 6801 Wrote:http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-12-05/po...-blueprint

Oh no! Collingwood are not going to try and emulate us...they obviously know better
The article states it all
  • 'return to the finals'. Wasn't this the coach that inherited inherited a finals team and has progressively dropped down to 12th?

• 'fixing shortcomings', well mate, these are of your own making. The playing list has been put together under your watch
  • 'great strength in our organisation'... let's face it, a constant revolving door of all admin positions except for coach and president over the last 3 years. No stability, no hope.
[INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT]Oh by the way, thanks for Balmey.[/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT]
  • 'significant changes to game plan'. This implies that there was a game plan and we know the answer is NO
No need to continue. Buckley dream on and it is only having teams like the pies that really shows how good we stand and are on the verge of a dynasty.

Go Tiges!
A dream doesn't become reality through magic, it takes sweat determination and hard work - C. Powell
Last season for Buckley - cannot see Collingwood displacing any who finished above them last year.

They had the review last year, didn't they? Reviewed everyone except Eddie. You've gotta cut the head off the snake. That club has gone backwards under him the last five years. Someone needs to give him a tap on the shoulder. Might be an exodus if/when Buckley can't get the job done.

As for us, stoked to hear that Dusty has been putting the work in early Smile
If anyone has not yet watched the vid of the “select senior tigers taking the draftees on a bonding trip to Tasmania” it’s worth a little look. Jack Higgins already

For perspective, the overland track is roughly 80kms from Cradle Mountain to Lake St Clair. (It can be walked both directions but the majority of walkers and our lads did it north to south, starting at Cradle)

It generally takes 5-7 days depending on which climbs you do - Tasmania’s highest peak, Mt. Ossa is a day walk off the track. Some do all of the climbs making it a 12-14 day trek.

It’s a spectacular part of the world! But don’t come here as there is actually nothing to see or eat and drink in Tasmania. All the locals are numpties who take pot shots at tourists with their shotties...best you all stay over there okay.
I hiked the Overland Track in 1977. The blizzard on day 2 (in early December) kept the hillbillies at bay. :p

A fantastic part of the world. Parts of the track were pretty rugged back then, almost knee deep in mud in places. I was in a well equipped group but we encountered 2 blokes from Sydney who were in shorts and runners with little gear (it was Summer). They ended up being airlifted out suffering exposure.
I think it's a lot less off the beaten track now, and a lot busier. There were raised boardwalks around Dove Lake when I was there earlier this year.
"The future will be better tomorrow." (Dopey) Dan Quayle
Forbesy, post: 1506755, member: 4649 Wrote:I hiked the Overland Track in 1977. The blizzard on day 2 (in early December) kept the hillbillies at bay. :p

A fantastic part of the world. Parts of the track were pretty rugged back then, almost knee deep in mud in places. I was in a well equipped group but we encountered 2 blokes from Sydney who were in shorts and runners with little gear (it was Summer). They ended up being airlifted out suffering exposure.
I think it's a lot less off the beaten track now, and a lot busier. There were raised boardwalks around Dove Lake when I was there earlier this year.
Most is duck boarded or formed gravel tracks mate.
You have to book and pay ($250approx) in the peak season now.
Is the peak season 3 people as opposed to 2 in the off peak? Smile
I have a dislike for crowds too.......aside from a Richmond one.
No.8 Dick Clay 213g(1966-76), Michael Roach 200g 607goals(1977-89), Alan Geddes 182g 1925-43), Robert Carew 45g(1919-22), Jack Riewoldt 225*g 537*goals(2007-)
Yellow Black n Blood, post: 1506750, member: 11225 Wrote:Last season for Buckley - cannot see Collingwood displacing any who finished above them last year.

There are a few trends we can take from the last 5 years.

One is that there is generally 2-3 changes to the final eight each year, and those teams usually come from the 9-15 bracket the year before.

If you are playing final eight Nostradamus here's a few principles to work with looking at the last 3 years:

1 team from the top four will finish 5-6 next year.

1 or 2 teams from 5-8 will remain in that bracket next year.

1 team from 5-8 will head into the top 4 next year.

1-2 sides from the top four will remain there.

1 side from top four will miss 8.

If a side from outside the eight is to move into the top four next year, they will be no lower than around 12 this year.

The trend before that was much more settled top fours and teams from 5-12 contesting the bottom four final eight spots.

Based on all of that I'll go:

GWS
Port
Richmond
Melbourne
Bulldogs
Adelaide
St Kilda
Sydney

All done without looking at the draw difficulties and the Essendon saga has a bit of an impact on the data.
If you're committed enough, you can make any story work.

I once told a woman I was Kevin Costner, and it worked because I believed it.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Injured Rioli in for delayed pre-season Ned 0 124 02-10-2017, 20:32
Last Post: Ned
  How the Tigers built for the big one Ned 0 66 29-09-2017, 14:53
  Caddy return a big plus for Tigers Ned 0 72 31-08-2017, 14:03
  Cotchin’s big tribute to small Tigers Ned 0 52 02-08-2017, 02:15
  Prestia primed for Giant task Ned 0 62 21-07-2017, 16:42