Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Konrad Marshall’s book
Yay, book has arrived! I had already read my daughters copy, so this one can now stay in mint condition Smile
OK Finally the book has arrived. Just in time to read when [USER=1]@Ned[/USER] does his little migration Big Grin
2017 Advocate for the Rising Star Jack Graham
Those who don't believe in magic will never find it. Ronald Dahl 1978
Turned up today. 3 weeks late, but sitting on the doorstep like a lost small forward looking for a home. Come in little fella and join the throng.
My Hawk 8 year old grandson was present, and seeing the cover, want's one for Xmas. He hasn't read a book more than 104 pages yet, so he got to get through another 300, by then methinks, he will be a convert. Loves Dusty anyway. Chances of rehabilitation are good.
Yes, [USER=9577]@terry31[/USER] the good book will serve as a 12-step recovery program for wayward souls. [SIZE=16px]Where there's life there's hope. [/SIZE]Big Grin
"Alea iacta est" ("The die is cast") Caesar, crossing the Rubicon to eventually become Emperor, January 10, 49 B.C.
There are two qualities in the world, mediocrity and excellence.
Hard work, discipline, faith and integrity lead to success.
Am almost finished and so many things to think over - really amazing book. I loathe business / psych speech, but I found the chapters that talk about mind over matter on the field really interesting. Given all the years we've watched talented players get caught up in a sentiment that Richmond will always be a team of ninth-placed nobodies, it was really interesting to see how that thinking can be challenged and that so many players are now fans of 'thinking training'. In my own workplace, I would give the Emma Murrays of the world a very hard time, but when everyone is bound by a commitment to strive for that cup, it has a different resonance perhaps? Myers Briggs personality tests are a load of bollocks in my view, but maybe mindfulness is something more? Rioli's 'chase, run' came from these sessions, I'm guessing, and he certainly had a cracker. Pity he couldn't have had 'protect feet' as well, poor bugger...
Girlyswot, post: 1506679, member: 11151 Wrote:Given all the years we've watched talented players get caught up in a sentiment that Richmond will always be a team of ninth-placed nobodies, it was really interesting to see how that thinking can be challenged and that so many players are now fans of 'thinking training'.
Speaking to people in the know regarding Richmond in the 90's and noughties, the biggest knock on them was they played selfish footy when the heat was on instead of playing for each other as the top teams did.

It seems a combination of Emma Murray and Triple H addressed and solved these on field issues in a major way in 2017. Add to that Hardwick's transformation, the addition of Balme, Leppa and Caracella, the new additions to the team, it becomes pretty obvious the stars really did align for the Tigers in a big way resulting in a most surprising Premiership.
I think Dimma has made an amazing difference. There was a tough start but, after a while, we started to be a chance in every game we played. Before he came, watching the footy was tough to take but then it started to be fun again.
Girlyswot, post: 1506679, member: 11151 Wrote:Am almost finished.

I'm almost finished too ! Chapter 2 that is.

amigo, post: 1506681, member: 6019 Wrote:Speaking to people in the know regarding Richmond in the 90's and noughties, the biggest knock on them was they played selfish footy when the heat was on instead of playing for each other as the top teams did.

The people in the know were wrong.

The biggest knock on the Richmond players of that period was that too many of them were just plain shit !

But hey , it wasn't their fault they were drafted.

[COLOR=rgb(255, 255, 255)] [/COLOR] THOSE MIGHTY TIGERS !
Black, post: 1506690, member: 5108 Wrote:I'm almost finished too ! Chapter 2 that is.

Oh, you have so much fun in front of you! In terms of drafting, there's so much in what Benny has done. With the finances stable, so come the experts in footy, in data collection, in training facilities. And every club has made horror drafting choices - names you've never heard of going 1-10. A Port recruiter tells Conrad they could have got Robbie Gray at Pick 53 but no-one took a punt. The next year, he had improved so much, he was no longer the absolute steal he would have been.
I've been made to wait until Christmas, the first time since a GN Dynadrive was under the tree in 1989 that I've actually wanted something.

Have to say I'm a bit pissed off with all the spoilers on this site, I feel like I already know how the season is going to finish.
If you're committed enough, you can make any story work.

I once told a woman I was Kevin Costner, and it worked because I believed it.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Yellow and Black by Konrad Marshall Vines 2 118 30-11-2018, 13:35
Last Post: Jools
  Yellow and Black: the Konrad Marshall book. 17Sash 2 388 02-10-2017, 23:13
Last Post: honestjohn
  Richo's Book Gimme 115 5,866 07-01-2011, 14:06
Last Post: RichardMEL
  The Book of Cuz Gimme 6 594 20-03-2010, 13:29
Last Post: justmike
  KB + Tom Hafey Book Signing - 15th Feb-Friday!!! rbartlett 31 2,009 04-03-2008, 02:24
Last Post: RichardMEL
  New Richmond Book for Later This Year chris88 8 2,001 10-07-2007, 17:46
Last Post: Ned