Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coming Soon - Y & B Makeover
Ned, post: 1506231, member: 1 Wrote:It's relatively easy if you know what you're doing Smile

Are you interested in moving the site to another server?
I have only been there for a couple of years. It looks like that will happen, I think it was just a shock to read it. I gather the site has been around for a couple of decades :eek: It's hosted by AOL.
I think one of the main concerns is being able to move all posts which date back to 2004 on this server. It's huge!
Jools, post: 1506239, member: 5457 Wrote:I have only been there for a couple of years. It looks like that will happen, I think it was just a shock to read it. I gather the site has been around for a couple of decades :eek: It's hosted by AOL.
I think one of the main concerns is being able to move all posts which date back to 2004 on this server. It's huge!
Ah yes - it would be a big job for sure! Wasn't aware at the time that it was THAT CompuServe Smile
Cheers!

Please don’t PM me with help issues as I won’t respond. Use the Help & Suggestions Forum.
2018 - Fighting Tiger Fund Patron
2018 - Official Richmond Cheer Squad Member
Yes, but not how it used to be I don't think.
Ms Tantie, post: 1506214, member: 5678 Wrote:I use the 'Home' button on my keyboard to jump to the top of the page.

Aaah , so that's how you do it !

And here I was thinking my ruby slippers were on the blink.

[COLOR=rgb(255, 255, 255)] [/COLOR] THOSE MIGHTY TIGERS !
I have agreed on a date for the transfer of the site to new software.

SAVE THE DATE: Monday, December 11, 2017

I will close the site at a time to be determined which will allow me to take a backup of the database, attachments, and avatars. I then need to upload this to the guy I've employed to perform the migration (way too hard for me to do this alone!). The site will still be available as read only while it's closed.

Once all is in place on the new site, you will have access almost immediately with a different URL. Once you're there, you'll need to familiarise yourself with the new software (send a PM to @discobot who will assist you along the way). I've been working to get the colour scheme to my liking. You'll notice from some of the screenshots that I'm aiming for a light yellow background with black text. I'm going to use yellow highlights so as to preserve the Yellow and Black!
Cheers!

Please don’t PM me with help issues as I won’t respond. Use the Help & Suggestions Forum.
Why is there no RICHMOND on the Premiership Cup?
The where we finished image.
No.8 Dick Clay 213g(1966-76), Michael Roach 200g 607goals(1977-89), Alan Geddes 182g 1925-43), Robert Carew 45g(1919-22), Jack Riewoldt 225*g 537*goals(2007-)
Crusher, post: 1506272, member: 5563 Wrote:Why is there no RICHMOND on the Premiership Cup?
The where we finished image.
Wasn’t on the image I found
Cheers!

What about one of the pictures of the premiership cup on its travels? Smile
No.8 Dick Clay 213g(1966-76), Michael Roach 200g 607goals(1977-89), Alan Geddes 182g 1925-43), Robert Carew 45g(1919-22), Jack Riewoldt 225*g 537*goals(2007-)
I'll really miss this current colour scheme - Y&B is one of the few websites I have to use that doesn't try to burn out what little is left of my retinas with a bright background and dark text. Sad

Mrrf.
Ms Tantie.
xox
2017 advocate for Nathan Drummond - on the rise...
Ned, really loving that newfound hyperlink 'Top' that you pointed out. Cool
A dream doesn't become reality through magic, it takes sweat determination and hard work - C. Powell

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New version of forum software coming soon Ned 55 5,204 18-05-2008, 22:36
Last Post: Ned
  Synergy is coming! Ned 2 995 30-01-2007, 22:50
Last Post: Ned