Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coming Soon - Y & B Makeover
I have made an executive decision (as [USER=5108]@Black[/USER] says, "It's good to be King Smile ) and ditched bbPress as the forum. I have been working on adding many plug-ins to enhance the functionality, but it will mean maintaining many, many third-party plugins. This has the potential to be an administrative nightmare for me.

Instead, I have taken a different route and am now working with a forum that is full of features - many enhancements over what we currently have. It's going to be a new look rather than the traditional "Forum Look" that you see here. To get an idea of the format you can visit https://meta.discourse.org/. This will still work hand in hand with Wordpress as that will provide the CMS side of the website.

I'm currently working towards a move in mid-December which will allow us discuss the Pre-Season and Rookie draft before the site gets closed for half a day while everything is moved to the new software. I'll be on leave soon thereafter so will have an opportunity to tweak the configuration and the look and feel after we go live.
Cheers!

Please don’t PM me with help issues as I won’t respond. Use the Help & Suggestions Forum.
2018 - Fighting Tiger Fund Patron
2018 - Official Richmond Cheer Squad Member
Ned, post: 1506014, member: 1 Wrote:I have made an executive decision (as [USER=5108]@Black[/USER] says, "It's good to be King Smile )

Yeeeessss haha ! ...that's the spirit Ned !

You gotta adopt the same philosophy used by The Mighty Tiges during Grand Final week....

Don't fight it , just embrace it ! Big Grin

[COLOR=rgb(255, 255, 255)] [/COLOR] THOSE MIGHTY TIGERS !
Every few days, I am going to provide some information about the new forum software so that you can become familiar with it before we go live in mid-December.

Today, I want to introduce you all to one of the users, Discobot. The new forum software will allow all users to interact with a bot called Discobot.

Discobot is a natural extension of our original, static welcome PM. However, Discobot is much more than a greeter; it also offers to interactively “play” the Discourse game with each new visitor.

The goal here is to teach people Discourse by inviting them use Discourse, interactively replying to a PM in the same way you’d reply to a real person. If you’re curious about how it works, create a temporary account at try.discourse.org and give it a shot live. Why require people to read a boring old wall of text when they could try their hand at replying to a real PM topic in Discourse instead? Learn by doing!

Note that @discobot has a complete profile, so if anyone wonders who it is, they can learn more by visiting that profile, just like they would for any other user:

[attachment=o11313]

Users will be able to ask Discobot questions by creating a new message with @discobot start new user and the bot will provide you with the tutorial that all new users will receive.
Cheers!

Please don’t PM me with help issues as I won’t respond. Use the Help & Suggestions Forum.
Pretty sure [USER=5108]@Black[/USER] is going to be chatting to @discobot every night now after a beer or eight.
Broadsword, post: 1506164, member: 5974 Wrote:Pretty sure [USER=5108]@Black[/USER] is going to be chatting to @discobot every night now after a beer or eight.

Might be best if I read Ned's post again about how it all works before a beer or eight tho Broady ?

Still , that's some very sharp work from The King right there by turning 'Discourse' into 'Discobot' to give it the Tiger relevence.

I assume the Discobot has the flashing lights, bells and whistles?
And is number 8!
No.8 Dick Clay 213g(1966-76), Michael Roach 200g 607goals(1977-89), Alan Geddes 182g 1925-43), Robert Carew 45g(1919-22), Jack Riewoldt 225*g 537*goals(2007-)
A small announcement today which should be of interest to [USER=5108]@Black[/USER] is that the full Apple iOS emoji set will be available for use on the new forum Smile
Cheers!

Ha ha. Blackie is the emoji guy. Brilliant.
Ned, post: 1506177, member: 1 Wrote:A small announcement today which should be of interest to [USER=5108]@Black[/USER] is that the full Apple iOS emoji set will be available for use on the new forum Smile

Excellent work !

Now we're rockin' and rollin' ( insert new emoji here )

Ned, post: 1506177, member: 1 Wrote:A small announcement today which should be of interest to [USER=5108]@Black[/USER] is that the full Apple iOS emoji set will be available for use on the new forum Smile
Ned, a really useful feature would be 'Return to top of page' or better still to navigate to the list of 'most recent replies'. eBay have a floating button located at bottom right of the screen, now that would be really useful, expecially when you want to scan current activity.

Just asking Rolleyes
A dream doesn't become reality through magic, it takes sweat determination and hard work - C. Powell

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New version of forum software coming soon Ned 55 5,071 18-05-2008, 22:36
Last Post: Ned
  Synergy is coming! Ned 2 946 30-01-2007, 22:50
Last Post: Ned