Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not My President
Do you mean apart from Balme confirming they hadn't made contact with him?
"The future will be better tomorrow." (Dopey) Dan Quayle
Yes, "breakfast" television is the equivalent of wisdom teeth extraction.
"Alea iacta est" ("The die is cast") Caesar, crossing the Rubicon to eventually become Emperor, January 10, 49 B.C.
There are two qualities in the world, mediocrity and excellence.
Hard work, discipline, faith and integrity lead to success.
country-tige, post: 1503188, member: 4669 Wrote:Speaking of presidents - that idiot Wannabe president Hiscock is up and about taking credit for current success.

Thanks Doc
Marty Hiscock is most certainly not an idiot. He is a passionate Tiger fan who has saved my life on two occasions.

He is not a public figure and I believe that this is a contributing factor in how he comes across during press conferences. He is not a media performer but when you lead a Board challenge, you are expected to become one.

The last time I spoke with him he gave me the impression that he was going to keep out of the limelight. It appears that the journalist went looking for a headline and found one.
Cheers!

Please don’t PM me with help issues as I won’t respond. Use the Help & Suggestions Forum.
2018 - Fighting Tiger Fund Patron
2018 - Official Richmond Cheer Squad Member
When you read the Fox Sports article, what he said is not unreasonable.

The club was a shambles last year. Tick.

Cotchin to be replaced as Captain. 12 months ago that wasn't outlandish.

Peggy's behaviour around elections is a bit murky. Plenty of members agree.

Really the crux of it is around Balme. Personally, my information is there is much more to Balme's appointment than meets the eye.

The club needed a shake-up last year and got it. Maybe FOF contributed to that, maybe they didn't.
If you're committed enough, you can make any story work.

I once told a woman I was Kevin Costner, and it worked because I believed it.
17Sash, post: 1503257, member: 9595 Wrote:"breakfast" television is the equivalent of wisdom teeth extraction.
Having experienced both, I can attest that the differences between them, though subtle, are noticeable to the keen observer. Especially when the anaesthetic wears off prematurely.
Ned, post: 1503262, member: 1 Wrote:He is a passionate Tiger fan who has saved my life on two occasions.
Just as well you were swimming between the flags.
thebigricho, post: 1503270, member: 9766 Wrote:Really the crux of it is around Balme. Personally, my information is there is much more to Balme's appointment than meets the eye.

Love to know where you get your inside information...
-=2016 Advocate for "The Shed"=-
-=2017 Advocate for Ivan (MkII) Soldo=-

______________________Au MRC FTF
Graeme Bowman, post: 1503275, member: 6855 Wrote:Having experienced both, I can attest that the differences between them, though subtle, are noticeable to the keen observer. Especially when the anaesthetic wears off prematurely.
There is no other escape from breakfast television, whereas dentists will prescribe Panadeine Forte.

And people say dentists are cruel, sheesh!
-=2016 Advocate for "The Shed"=-
-=2017 Advocate for Ivan (MkII) Soldo=-

______________________Au MRC FTF
BigTigerCasey, post: 1503281, member: 5585 Wrote:Love to know where you get your inside information...

Mostly, I make it up. I'm hoping to be Chief Football Reporter for the Age one day.

Of course that day will have to be soon or it will no longer exist.
If you're committed enough, you can make any story work.

I once told a woman I was Kevin Costner, and it worked because I believed it.
No doubt Hiscock added to the pressure on the board last year, which by extension upped the pressure on the whole club.

The pressure lead to significant changes in the football dept, which have paid big dividends on field.

On that basis he should take some credit for the action the board took and the subsequent turn around in our fortunes.