Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2017 Trade Talk
Vines, post: 1502741, member: 5754 Wrote:It's the work that is done when the ball isn't falling your way, or you're off your best that separates the talented from the elite. It's called being "a teammate". I was highly sceptical of the Yarran trade given what I'd seen live from him, and I would be just as sceptical if we make a play for Stringer.

I'd be willing to wager that there will be zero tears from Dogs players if Stringer is traded.

Our game plan is based on repeat defensive pressure acts in the forward 50. Anyone coming into the forward 50 mix had better be 1) physically able to fit into thst plan and 2) and most importantly willing to do the work for 4 quarters per game for 25 games per year.
2017 Advocate for the Rising Star Jack Graham
Those who don't believe in magic will never find it. Ronald Dahl 1978
Vines, post: 1502745, member: 5754 Wrote:The last two years he's been shithouse and was carried to a flag.
Get rid of his salary for a good player and/or draft pick and they wouldn't weep for long.

Exactly

Gracie, post: 1502747, member: 4835 Wrote:Our game plan is based on repeat defensive pressure acts in the forward 50. Anyone coming into the forward 50 mix had better be 1) physically able to fit into thst plan and 2) and most importantly willing to do the work for 4 quarters per game for 25 games per year.

He won't. He's got plenty of tricks, but no grunt.

We'd be better off looking for a tall forward. Tippett for the here and now, Schache for the future. Or another.....
Football doesn't build character, it just eliminates the weak ones
Tippett is absolute shit
Also on million a year and still contracted, anyone think he's gonna leave syd to come to us for less when he's already guaranteed that money?
ADVOCATE OF THE TACKLING AND PRESSURE MACHINE DANIEL RIOLI
I imagine any deal for Tippett going anywhere, will involve Sydney paying part of his contract. The swans would need to want him moved on.

Anyway, I'm not a fan, I'm just saying that's where the thinking may be.

You grumpy old goat.
32. Bit old. Don't reckon he offers much.
TigerHardwick, post: 1502572, member: 4903 Wrote:Rockliff - Believes he wants out and had a great year, could be many interested.

I'd love to get Rocky to the Tiges but the price tag will be be too high.

TigerHardwick, post: 1502572, member: 4903 Wrote:Stefan Martin - Rumoured to want trade back to Vic

Yes please.

Josh Kelly aside , Martin would be my choice of all the players you listed in that post.

TigerHardwick, post: 1502706, member: 4903 Wrote:Lynch would be a fantastic get, my biggest concern now is with Dustys contract that with us going for a Lynch or Stringer they will be like "youre paying him a 1.2 mill so I want a mill a year "

Any team who pays Stringer more than $400k per season will be very sorry.

The most overrated , deluded , selfish , lazy footballer ever to pull on a jumper.

If I had a membership it'd be going straight into the microwave if we recruited that bum.

[COLOR=rgb(255, 255, 255)] [/COLOR] THOSE MIGHTY TIGERS !
Mr Babilla, post: 1502754, member: 5441 Wrote:I imagine any deal for Tippett going anywhere, will involve Sydney paying part of his contract. The swans would need to want him moved on.

Anyway, I'm not a fan, I'm just saying that's where the thinking may be.

You grumpy old goat.

No grumpy goat he's just absolute shit and as vines said " old "
Going backwards recruiting him.

We need to start looking for the younger replacements for Rance and Riewoldt

Lynch is who I'd be going for big time
Good luck with that.
TigerHardwick, post: 1502744, member: 4903 Wrote:Stringer himself knocked that down as bullshit and said he is one of his closest mates
He was one of his closest mates Wink
TigerHardwick, post: 1502752, member: 4903 Wrote:Tippett is absolute shit
Also on million a year and still contracted, anyone think he's gonna leave syd to come to us for less when he's already guaranteed that money?
Swans want to ease cap pressure. They'd pay some of his salary...
Barrel, post: 1502767, member: 4908 Wrote:He was one of his closest mates Wink

Swans want to ease cap pressure. They'd pay some of his salary...

I'd believe Stringer over anyone's rumours, he came out and defended JJ after the rumours now who on earth would do that if it was true ??
Yeah he nailed my wife and ruined my life but I'll come out in public and defend him ???

And if Tippett is on a million a year the swans would have to pay around 950k of that for us to consider him

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Talk of 17th licence absurd jezza 10 834 07-04-2006, 14:00
Last Post: seenitall
  Seven punts on C7 row, despite Foxtel talk seenitall 3 619 12-01-2006, 09:35
Last Post: chris88
  Tiger talk a spur for Lions' Johnson chris88 0 1,383 19-05-2005, 15:43
Last Post: chris88