Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2017 Trade Talk
Any rumours for any players or clubs post in here, try keep it to good rumours and not just posting who you would like when that bloke isnt even rumoured to go.

Barrett was talking of a few this morning

Schache - Has asked permission to leave club early skipping the reserves grand final and heading home ( very strange )

Hodge - Has been sounded out by Gold Coast to play a year or 2 then move into coaching, Id love for him to coach us but not sure about playing though.

Gibbs- Thinks he will def seek a trade to crows once again

Lever - Thinks he will leave and most likely Melb is the talk

Ablett - We know wants the cats and the suns want the cats to send a 400k player their way and pay his wage

Menzel and Motlop - Both are rumoured to be out and could be headed to Suns as part of Ablett

Devon Smith - If Kelly stays he wont be able to is the word and the Cats are all over him

Kelly - big money offered by North and Carlton and Blues are the faves there if he leaves but thinks he will stay with GWS

Trengove - Rumoured to the dogs but Barrett believes he will stay

Lynch - Contracted for next year but believes he will be next years Martin the longer he doesnt sign, thinks he is unhappy with how the suns have turned out and if there next year and same happens expects to leave.

Charlie Cameron - Year to go, wants out to Bris but Crows say wont let him go

Goldstein - North want to move on but he has high wage so doubts any takers unless North foots some of the bill rumoured to be 800-850k season.

Rockliff - Believes he wants out and had a great year, could be many interested.

Stefan Martin - Rumoured to want trade back to Vic

Mason Cox - Not on much at Pies and a few clubs have put in way better offers and is exploring his options.

Connor McKenna - The irish boy has been given an offer too god to refuse from Bris if reports are true

Matera - Another sun also wanting a change of scenary.

Vickery- Yes thats right, the hawks are rumoured to have had enough and willing to move him on, who would want him ? If they get a taker they will move him on if not retain.

Cloke - Rumours are same as above, if they can get a taker they will let him go.

Andrew Swallow - Contracted but may go north to play with his brother for last 2 years

Miles, Lennon, Lloyd - Are 3 from our club who may seek opportunities elsewhere

Nick Reiwoldt - Believe it or not we asked him to play on next year which he declined, I put it in because we know these blokes flip on decisions so you never know.

Mc Veigh - 32yo now but still playing great footy, rumour is club asked him to move on but he wants to continue playing so will switch to another team

Kennedy - rumours early on were he was disgruntled at eagles with how they are going, might have changed now they made finals but a belting in week 1 might still have him wanting out, hes 30yo now and wants a flag.

Crameri - Rumoured to no being offered new deal and has only played 2 games in 2 years

Stringer - More talk of he should be moved on then him wanting out, they could get good things for trading him now as he is very hot or cold
ADVOCATE OF THE TACKLING AND PRESSURE MACHINE DANIEL RIOLI
Kennedy would be the one we could use most. He'd make us so much stronger. Lynch too but would cost too much.

Other then that, not much interest there for us. Rockliff and Stef Martin maybe. Not sure you could play both Nank and Martin in the same team though, they're basically the same player.

I'd like McVeigh for a year on a Sam Mitchell type deal.
We desperately need a second forward who can ruck unless we want to destroy Riewoldt and Nankervis.

Lynch would be ideal, Stringer would help up forward.
If you're committed enough, you can make any story work.

I once told a woman I was Kevin Costner, and it worked because I believed it.
TigerHardwick, post: 1502572, member: 4903 Wrote:Any rumours for any players or clubs post in here, try keep it to good rumours and not just posting who you would like when that bloke isnt even rumoured to go.

Barrett was talking of a few this morning

Schache - Has asked permission to leave club early skipping the reserves grand final and heading home ( very strange )

Hodge - Has been sounded out by Gold Coast to play a year or 2 then move into coaching, Id love for him to coach us but not sure about playing though.

Gibbs- Thinks he will def seek a trade to crows once again

Lever - Thinks he will leave and most likely Melb is the talk

Ablett - We know wants the cats and the suns want the cats to send a 400k player their way and pay his wage

Menzel and Motlop - Both are rumoured to be out and could be headed to Suns as part of Ablett

Devon Smith - If Kelly stays he wont be able to is the word and the Cats are all over him

Kelly - big money offered by North and Carlton and Blues are the faves there if he leaves but thinks he will stay with GWS

Trengove - Rumoured to the dogs but Barrett believes he will stay

Lynch - Contracted for next year but believes he will be next years Martin the longer he doesnt sign, thinks he is unhappy with how the suns have turned out and if there next year and same happens expects to leave.

Charlie Cameron - Year to go, wants out to Bris but Crows say wont let him go

Goldstein - North want to move on but he has high wage so doubts any takers unless North foots some of the bill rumoured to be 800-850k season.

Rockliff - Believes he wants out and had a great year, could be many interested.

Stefan Martin - Rumoured to want trade back to Vic

Mason Cox - Not on much at Pies and a few clubs have put in way better offers and is exploring his options.

Connor McKenna - The irish boy has been given an offer too god to refuse from Bris if reports are true

Matera - Another sun also wanting a change of scenary.

Vickery- Yes thats right, the hawks are rumoured to have had enough and willing to move him on, who would want him ? If they get a taker they will move him on if not retain.

Cloke - Rumours are same as above, if they can get a taker they will let him go.

Andrew Swallow - Contracted but may go north to play with his brother for last 2 years

Miles, Lennon, Lloyd - Are 3 from our club who may seek opportunities elsewhere

Nick Reiwoldt - Believe it or not we asked him to play on next year which he declined, I put it in because we know these blokes flip on decisions so you never know.

Mc Veigh - 32yo now but still playing great footy, rumour is club asked him to move on but he wants to continue playing so will switch to another team

Kennedy - rumours early on were he was disgruntled at eagles with how they are going, might have changed now they made finals but a belting in week 1 might still have him wanting out, hes 30yo now and wants a flag.

Crameri - Rumoured to no being offered new deal and has only played 2 games in 2 years

Stringer - More talk of he should be moved on then him wanting out, they could get good things for trading him now as he is very hot or cold
Geez, you've missed nothing TH. Thanks for the heads up.

I am hoping that we don't lose any of the 3 that you mentioned, as I believe that they can definitely play at the level. Lennon is the mystery for mine and I reckon he would like to walk - but to where is the question as he hasn't set the world on fire consistently.
Anyone actually got any genuine idea, or are we just chucking darts?

For what it's worth, I believe we will be into a tall and a 22 - 24 year old gun mid. We will use one first round draft pick to facilitate a deal.

I have heard this from some who supposedly know a bit, but it's hardly news, and sounds more like wishing to me, so actually I'm as much in the dark as anyone in regard to what they are really thinking.
Football doesn't build character, it just eliminates the weak ones
Adding to the above

McVeigh has signed on with Sydney for 1 year then coaching job

Stringer now has asked dogs to be traded and dogs agree if they get right price.
Stringer well worth a look I think.
If you're committed enough, you can make any story work.

I once told a woman I was Kevin Costner, and it worked because I believed it.
Gee I hope we are talking to Tom Lynch's manager...
thebigricho, post: 1502699, member: 9766 Wrote:Stringer well worth a look I think.
Direct swap for Lennon plus Elton.
Lynch would be a fantastic get, my biggest concern now is with Dustys contract that with us going for a Lynch or Stringer they will be like "youre paying him a 1.2 mill so I want a mill a year "

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Talk of 17th licence absurd jezza 10 828 07-04-2006, 14:00
Last Post: seenitall
  Seven punts on C7 row, despite Foxtel talk seenitall 3 616 12-01-2006, 09:35
Last Post: chris88
  Tiger talk a spur for Lions' Johnson chris88 0 1,379 19-05-2005, 15:43
Last Post: chris88