Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Former AFL star Chris Yarran opens up on drug battle
ceehook, post: 1501238, member: 4642 Wrote:Does he take a spot on our list for 2018 ?

That's a joke question of course?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Time to get on the Bustling Benny Bus - Bald is back and its beautiful baby!!
Benny and The Jets and now Yaz.
Something in the water in Perth.
Johnny Kizon and the crew won't be too pleased.
"Alea iacta est" ("The die is cast") Caesar, crossing the Rubicon to eventually become Emperor, January 10, 49 B.C.
There are two qualities in the world, mediocrity and excellence.
Hard work, discipline, faith and integrity lead to success.
country-tige, post: 1501245, member: 4669 Wrote:That's a joke question of course?
is he not on our list this year ? and it was a 3 year contract
I feel the need , The need for SPEED
My uneducated understanding is that he was on our list this year because he didn't retire until after the formal list had been lodged with the AFL. After he and the club came to terms with contract being finalised/terminated/cutintotinypiecessetonfireandtheashesburiednototbementionedeveragain and his subsequent 'retirement' from the AFL he will not be on our list next year.
I could be completely wrong though.
Tigeriffic, post: 1501260, member: 5132 Wrote:My uneducated understanding is that he was on our list this year because he didn't retire until after the formal list had been lodged with the AFL. After he and the club came to terms with contract being finalised/terminated/cutintotinypiecessetonfireandtheashesburiednototbementionedeveragain and his subsequent 'retirement' from the AFL he will not be on our list next year.
I could be completely wrong though.

close enough
2017 Advocate for the Rising Star Jack Graham
Those who don't believe in magic will never find it. Ronald Dahl 1978
Vines, post: 1501235, member: 5754 Wrote:We may have known and thought we could look after him a la Cuz. Not saying it was the right move by any stretch as I was 100% against the trade from a purely playing ability vs consistency point of view.

He was awful in 2014 and didn't hide it at all.
I don't think we needed to give up any draft picks to get Cuz, it was more a lifeline we were offering him, and he showed he could play elite footy while battling addiction, unlike Yaz who missed his last 2 seasons at Carlton because of it.

You're probably correct that we knew, I heard the AFL boss this morning, when questioned about the AFL's drug testing and how did it miss Yaz, said it probably didn't miss him, and the Blues medics would have most likely been working with him to remedy the situation.
bagwarn, post: 1501237, member: 9596 Wrote:I hear what you are saying Vines, but if we thought we were going to look after an ice user, then whoever had those conversations need to be sacked plain and simple!
This
It was a huge scandal at the club and I would think that statements from both the RFC and Carlton would be appropriate. "Misleading or deceptive conduct in commerce or in trade" is a strict liability offence isn't it?
These things were certainly not unknown at the time and the threads on his recruitment will reflect that.

Timely to point out the same people responsible for this are largely still in positions of importance at the club. I'm expecting they will resign before they are dismissed.
If you're committed enough, you can make any story work.

I once told a woman I was Kevin Costner, and it worked because I believed it.
believe!, post: 1501243, member: 6865 Wrote:is "mental health" often used as an euphemism for ice addiction i wonder?

makes me wonder...

Oh yeah I'd say most times a player is taking a break for mental health it's more to do with drugs and club and AFL send them away rather than out them for being caught.
ADVOCATE OF THE TACKLING AND PRESSURE MACHINE DANIEL RIOLI
Balme said we knew about his issues at Richmond
ADVOCATE OF THE TACKLING AND PRESSURE MACHINE DANIEL RIOLI

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  AFL pulls plug on Chris Judd's outrageous third-party deal with Visy RROFO 111 4,564 07-06-2013, 17:31
Last Post: seenitall
  Jim Stynes loses brave cancer battle Forbesy 21 999 24-03-2012, 10:16
Last Post: Broadsword
  Jill Lindsay Loses Battle With Cancer Ned 8 572 11-02-2011, 14:56
Last Post: Jools
  Docker Drug shock TigerAdam 28 1,322 03-06-2010, 07:14
Last Post: Broadsword
  14 failed drug tests in 2009 Belgian_Tiger_Army 12 868 17-05-2010, 20:07
Last Post: SouthernStand
  NRL star Israel Folau backs AFL in Sydney (LOL!!!) RROFO 3 444 10-02-2010, 21:50
Last Post: SouthernStand
  AFL star in steroids probe SouthernStand 4 787 11-10-2009, 14:18
Last Post: proffessional optimist
  Talent opens doors and then the hard work starts bay13 0 412 03-08-2008, 19:49
Last Post: bay13
  Kangaroos land blow in survival battle chris88 9 800 06-02-2008, 03:19
Last Post: justmike
  Drug Scuttlebutt country-tige 73 4,516 24-09-2007, 13:16
Last Post: BigTige