Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Former AFL star Chris Yarran opens up on drug battle
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-08-17/fo...rug-battle

that was some astute bloody recruiting there! how the hell do you not notice he is on the glass pipe?! sorry, i mean whacking it up?!!
"But in reality... it's real" BT Qualifying Final 2017
Geez he'd be handy off a half back flank for us at the moment Sad

Good on him for coming out with it though, takes guts.
Thank God its out.
Plenty of egg on our recruiters faces with that revelation.

So that's why he didn't even show up to training in his final year at Carlton.......duh
amigo, post: 1501229, member: 6019 Wrote:Plenty of egg on our recruiters faces with that revelation.

So that's why he didn't even show up to training in his final year at Carlton.......duh

You can't tell me that the extremes in behavioural change didn't get out and Carlton didn't know about it. It would have stuck out like a third nut on a grey hound and Carlton would 100% had to have known! They are grubs for not being transparent about it and offloading him for a 1st round pick. Win at all costs and f*** integrity hey. Shithouse!
bagwarn, post: 1501231, member: 9596 Wrote:You can't tell me that the extremes in behavioural change didn't get out and Carlton didn't know about it. It would have stuck out like a third nut on a grey hound and Carlton would 100% had to have known! They are grubs for not being transparent about it and offloading him for a 1st round pick. Win at all costs and f*** integrity hey. Shithouse!
Yarran was a top 10 draft pick, when we "recruited" him no other team showed any interest at the price Carlton was asking. Clearly everyone else knew.
We may have known and thought we could look after him a la Cuz. Not saying it was the right move by any stretch as I was 100% against the trade from a purely playing ability vs consistency point of view.

He was awful in 2014 and didn't hide it at all.
Vines, post: 1501235, member: 5754 Wrote:We may have known and thought we could look after him a la Cuz. Not saying it was the right move by any stretch as I was 100% against the trade from a purely playing ability vs consistency point of view.

He was awful in 2014 and didn't hide it at all.
I hear what you are saying Vines, but if we thought we were going to look after an ice user, then whoever had those conversations need to be sacked plain and simple! ice is the most addictive substance on the planet and the RFC like all other teams have wellbeing and mental health professionals who, if they were even remotely worth their salt, would have steered the decision makers in the other direction until a demonstrated track record of change and desirable behaviours (in this case competing to ability in football and interacting as per expectations) had been observable over a period of time. This drug is insidious and I have seen what it can do to people who you would never think would go to such depths. For mine, people peddling that shit (the cooks) are on par with pedophiles because of the irreparable harm it does and absence of care for anybody but themselves. Unfortunately, its usually the victims of the drug who sell it to buy more for themselves. Just bloody sad really, but Yarran needs to realise that he is an addict for life and needs to work at it long-term. The RFC need to stop employing muppets and the AFL should do an inquiry into who knew what because somebody is culpable of either ignorance, deceit or just plain stupidity.
bagwarn, post: 1501231, member: 9596 Wrote:You can't tell me that the extremes in behavioural change didn't get out and Carlton didn't know about it. It would have stuck out like a third nut on a grey hound and Carlton would 100% had to have known! They are grubs for not being transparent about it and offloading him for a 1st round pick. Win at all costs and f*** integrity hey. Shithouse!
Truly grubby and beyond is what they did with Fev & Brisbane , they knew 200% the trouble he was in and what the AFL were planning , I think it was Judd who spilt the beans there and mightn't have realised

Yarran , well who knows , and those in the know will be tight lipped

Does he take a spot on our list for 2018 ?
Having effectively 2 years out of the game at AFL level I'd say no to him trying out . We can see what a missed preseason does to a player and he hasn't been part of a group like the banned bombers , he would be a tease , you would glimpses of the topa10 pick but the two way running and number of pressure acts required would find him out, so I'd say a firm no from me.

But hope he continues clean , the country/world is better for it.
I feel the need , The need for SPEED
is "mental health" often used as an euphemism for ice addiction i wonder?

makes me wonder...
"But in reality... it's real" BT Qualifying Final 2017

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  AFL pulls plug on Chris Judd's outrageous third-party deal with Visy RROFO 111 4,552 07-06-2013, 17:31
Last Post: seenitall
  Jim Stynes loses brave cancer battle Forbesy 21 993 24-03-2012, 10:16
Last Post: Broadsword
  Jill Lindsay Loses Battle With Cancer Ned 8 568 11-02-2011, 14:56
Last Post: Jools
  Docker Drug shock TigerAdam 28 1,310 03-06-2010, 07:14
Last Post: Broadsword
  14 failed drug tests in 2009 Belgian_Tiger_Army 12 863 17-05-2010, 20:07
Last Post: SouthernStand
  NRL star Israel Folau backs AFL in Sydney (LOL!!!) RROFO 3 441 10-02-2010, 21:50
Last Post: SouthernStand
  AFL star in steroids probe SouthernStand 4 784 11-10-2009, 14:18
Last Post: proffessional optimist
  Talent opens doors and then the hard work starts bay13 0 412 03-08-2008, 19:49
Last Post: bay13
  Kangaroos land blow in survival battle chris88 9 800 06-02-2008, 03:19
Last Post: justmike
  Drug Scuttlebutt country-tige 73 4,507 24-09-2007, 13:16
Last Post: BigTige