Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to fix the deliberate rushed behind
Black, post: 1495979, member: 5108 Wrote:How can it possibly be more complicated when I've removed 'interpretation' out of the decision ?

Because you want to want to give an extra point if a left handed defender punches it through with his knuckles facing skywards or some such rubbish.

I don't know exactly because I stopped reading when you changed colours. Only The Project may do that.

Black, post: 1495979, member: 5108 Wrote:He probably read the AFL memo leading into the 2017 season that said if you're in the goalsquare and are under any form of pressure you can rush it through for a behind.
End of story.

There has to be more to it than that. Every AFL player is under pressure. And rushed behinds are as soccer as footy gets.

Black, post: 1495981, member: 5108 Wrote:Shirley you can't be serious ?

Don't call me Dorothy.

Gracie, post: 1495983, member: 4835 Wrote:Just watched it again from side on.

Short was at full pace and the ball only 4meters from the goal line. He would have had to slow down to be able to pick the ball up and turn. He could not have picked it up at the pace he was going. Momentum would have taken him through the goals.

Slowing down would have brought Green right on his tail to either tackle or get the ball loose and kick the goal.

Short could not win.

I don't agree that he didn't have options but even if that is correct, Essendon had put the ball into the most dangerous position on the ground so it should be hard for a defender.

If he is allowed to just seek the line then I see the defenders as having a hugely unfair advantage.
If you're committed enough, you can make any story work.

I once told a woman I was Kevin Costner, and it worked because I believed it.
thebigricho, post: 1496006, member: 9766 Wrote:Only The Project may do that.
[MEDIA=youtube]Wpx6XnankZ8[/MEDIA]

Obviously!
Ms Tantie.
xox
2017 advocate for Nathan Drummond - on the rise...
thebigricho, post: 1496006, member: 9766 Wrote:If he is allowed to just seek the line then I see the defenders as having a hugely unfair advantage.
When Bowden was infamously 'allowed to just seek the line' in order to waste time and avoid genuine competitive play, this was 'a hugely unfair advantage', a bit like Trevor Chappell's even more infamous underarm delivery to avoid a fair and competitive end to a cricket Test. Neither were in the spirit of their respective games.

The race between Short and Green was tremendously competitive, spirited and enthralling until Green 'gave up' and crossed the line in the sand between 'trying your hardest' and 'trying to exploit rule ambiguity'. Truth is, even during the last second, Short could have fallen or mis-cued, leaving the ball still available for anyone but a spud to kick through the goals. Later in the game, Astbury failed to grasp the ball near the goal line, and, because he was close by, trying his hardest, Daniher kicked the ball through in the split second it was available.

Who do you think 90% if impartial footy fans would have more admiration for, Short or Green? I know which one can walk down the street with his head held high.
thebigricho, post: 1496006, member: 9766 Wrote:I don't know exactly because I stopped reading when you changed colours.

You clearly did stop reading coz I'm not sure how you turned this >>

- If an opposition player is the last to touch the ball before it goes through your goal then it's 2 points.
- If an opposition player handballs or kicks the ball through your goal , or punches it through on the full from a ball up or boundary throw in , then you are awarded 3 points.

Into this >>

'You want to give an extra point if a left handed defender punches it through with his knuckles facing skywards or some such rubbish'.

You've been hanging off the end of Sashy's crack pipe again haven't you ?

thebigricho, post: 1496006, member: 9766 Wrote:Only The Project may do that.

He's my muse when Sash isn't posting so of course I'm gonna aspire to his level of excellence.

It was only a timid color change and as a mark of respect , I didn't bold the font.

Really just a pale imitation of The Mighty Project.

[COLOR=rgb(255, 255, 255)] [/COLOR] THOSE MIGHTY TIGERS !
Deliberate out of bounds rule device ?

Hmm no , it has served a purpose , those that remotely support it are f Witt's haven't played , coached or seriously followed the game
And are exposed

There was universal disapproval at Hawthorn's copying out our tactic of stepping back over the line for a kick in , that was new , it was not liked as part of our game

It has been suggested we take on a basketball last touch rule , it's been suggested but not supported

It's apparently been created to speed up the game , the cap on interchanges was done to slow down the game and look after player safety

Hmm
I feel the need , The need for SPEED

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Umpires should ‘call on feel’ for deliberate rules Ned 7 700 30-05-2017, 00:27
Last Post: honestjohn
  Calls For The Afl To Fix The Fixture Forbesy 10 486 27-08-2011, 18:59
Last Post: Flawed
  Rushed behind penalty gets all clear Gimme 23 1,282 23-03-2009, 14:52
Last Post: SouthernStand
  Free kick for rushed behinds in NAB Cup Lisa 11 821 16-12-2008, 08:26
Last Post: SouthernStand
  The game can fix itself seenitall 4 625 24-04-2006, 13:33
Last Post: seenitall