Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Other Games - 2016
Imagine at the MCG, 40,000 (or more) Richmond fans jeering Collingwood players for the drug allegations.
"Alea iacta est" ("The die is cast") Caesar, crossing the Rubicon to eventually become Emperor, January 10, 49 B.C.
There are two qualities in the world, mediocrity and excellence.
Hard work, discipline, faith and integrity lead to success.
Just on Norf their game v Adelaide on now is being played at break neck speed.
2017 Advocate for the Rising Star Jack Graham
Those who don't believe in magic will never find it. Ronald Dahl 1978
Actually I was hoping that the drugs thing would bite them next week. It still might but ... well, who knows.
Now then now then now now then now now then then now now then. Now then!
17Sash, post: 1468407, member: 9595 Wrote:Imagine at the MCG, 40,000 (or more) Richmond fans jeering Collingwood players for the drug allegations.

I'd be wary of getting too cocky - if every Tiger is squeaky clean and 100% illicit drug-free then I'd be very surprised. Recreational drug use (and stupidity) is just too entrenched in their generation (I type with my fuddy-duddy brain on).

Responsibility!
Ms Tantie.
xox
2017 advocate for Nathan Drummond - on the rise...
CrazyLikeaFox, post: 1468406, member: 6861 Wrote:Is it wrong that I am enjoying Collingwood losing so much?
No.
Still, the Sydney jeering of Collingwood did appear to have a tangible effect. Enjoy!
"Alea iacta est" ("The die is cast") Caesar, crossing the Rubicon to eventually become Emperor, January 10, 49 B.C.
Mate of mine from here in NY, a big Pies supporter, flew himself and his girlfriend biz class to Sydney to watch this.
''Since that day as a very young boy staring out enraptured between MCG bodies I have known it always has been and always will be about the club.''
The loss of Swan was a catastrophe. He will probably retire at the end of the season, having discussed it earlier this year. Sidebottom will receive two weeks, the commentators said, perhaps even four. Hannebery was noticeably concussed. Fasolo was distressed, landing heavily, looked like tunnelling by the Swans. Tunnel ball?
Commentators were saying it was the worst first round thrashing for Collingpus in almost three decades.
17Sash, post: 1468398, member: 9595 Wrote:Sydney massacre of Collingwood. Ling says Collingwood is uncompetitive. Key player Dane Swan ankle injury on crutches. Fasolo concussion after heavy fall. Sidebottom on report. I wonder who they play next week?

And I wake up on Sunday and note who the Tiges are playing next round... the year is getting better and better Big Grin

Bring on Friday

Go Tiges!
A dream doesn't become reality through magic, it takes sweat determination and hard work - C. Powell
this performance by the Pies gives us another chance to approach a game were we are now just expected to turn up and win
this is something that Hardwick and this playing group have struggled with, refer to Gold Coast and Melb. losses

the personel losses , the drugs report and a determined and slick Swans created the perfect storm for a pants down job on the pies

wind the clock back a little Terry Wallace was adament that sides bounce back after 100 point losses after we'd just been beaten by the Swans by 100+ at Etihad, we took on the ladder leading Crows the next week and won by 3 points ?

again Collingwood will come out like Carlton did last week and play hard and have little to lose
we can play a little defensively and try and absorb their pressure and either late in the second qtr or after half time try and take the game on and really test their defence and two run etc
or
we can meet them head on and try and put them to the sword from the first bounce

I suspect we'll try and do the first but would love to see us on the front foot from the get go and be ruthless in an 80+ point thrashing
I feel the need , The need for SPEED