Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Forum Software Update
This post is to introduce XenForo 1.5.0, the first supported version in the XenForo 1.5 series. This release builds on previous versions of XenForo to add new features and bug fixes.

New Features

The new features in XenForo 1.5 include: ...and more.

Since the initial release, Xenforo 1.5.1 has now been released.

I will update the forum software sometime this month. Once I've worked out when to perform the upgrade, I'll let you all know as the site will be down for about an hour while the upgrade is applied.

There will also be an upgrade to the Media gallery which I'll install after the forum upgrade.

I have also purchased two other add-ins:
  • Resource Manager (the FAQ gives full details) which is a fully integrated solution that will allow for downloads and other resources to be made available through the website. I haven't yet worked out the full details on how it will be used on Y & B yet, but will let you know when I do Smile
  • Featured Threads. We are currently using only part of it's capability at present. Once the site has been upgraded, I will have the Featured Threads page act as our homepage to replace the current Wordpress-driven content management system. I have decided on this as the Featured Threads add-in is fully integrated with the forum software and allows greater flexibility when publishing items to the homepage.
I'll post more information when known.
Cheers!

Please don’t PM me with help issues as I won’t respond. Use the Help & Suggestions Forum.
2018 - Fighting Tiger Fund Patron
2018 - Official Richmond Cheer Squad Member
[USER=1]@Ned[/USER], big thumbs up for the constant improvements you provide for us mere users.

I know in earlier incarnations, you had the option for people to help out. Is this still possible?
-=2016 Advocate for "The Shed"=-
-=2017 Advocate for Ivan (MkII) Soldo=-

______________________Au MRC FTF
We are lucky that [USER=1]@Ned[/USER] keeps looking to improve such a great site Smile
Sponsor of Daniel Butler 2015-17
2005-2014 Sponsor of Daniel Jackson

Member of Yellow and Black the greatest of all Football Sites.Cool
Is there an option for inserting tables in a post? HTML doesn't seem to work.
Jools, post: 1462423, member: 5457 Wrote:Is there an option for inserting tables in a post? HTML doesn't seem to work.
Unfortunately no Sad
Cheers!

Please don’t PM me with help issues as I won’t respond. Use the Help & Suggestions Forum.
My first visit to the site for some time. Got back from our holiday in the USA on January 3rd and have been recovering from altitude sickness and some cracked ribs ever since. Sad

Feeling much better now so will be a regular visitor again!

I have some time this week, so will complete the software upgrade (finally) this Thursday night from around 10:00 PM. The site will be offline for about 1 hour during the upgrade.
Cheers!

Glad you're feeling better now, [USER=1]@Ned[/USER]. What airline did you fly? I want to avoid them as I like my ribs in one piece... Wink

Ouch!
Ms Tantie.
xox
2017 advocate for Nathan Drummond - on the rise...
Ms Tantie, post: 1466616, member: 5678 Wrote:Glad you're feeling better now, [USER=1]@Ned[/USER]. What airline did you fly? I want to avoid them as I like my ribs in one piece... Wink

Ouch!
Ms Tantie.
xox
Wasn't their fault. I was sitting on the ground next to my son, went to get up but slipped and fell on his raised knee Sad
Cheers!

So, he kneed you. :p
"The future will be better tomorrow." (Dopey) Dan Quayle
1-2 weeks for him Ned. Plea it down to a reprimand at best.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Footy Tipping software Ned 7 794 26-08-2016, 15:48
Last Post: Jools
  Site Software update Ned 53 6,509 04-04-2015, 20:40
Last Post: believe!
  Site Software Update Ned 169 11,349 10-12-2013, 16:42
Last Post: Ned
  Site Software Changes Ned 166 7,371 13-02-2012, 12:52
  Site Software Ned 105 6,881 05-05-2011, 11:06