Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MVP Plugin
I have added a new plugin called, "MVP".

This is a player voting plugin which will allow you to cast votes on 3-2-1 basis for the 3 best players as judged by you each round.

I am currently setting it all up so that we can trial it on this week's Elimination Final. Once the final team list is in I'll be able to finalise the player names and then make the voting active once I get home from the game.

The main feature of this plugin is that everything is automated. As soon as you cast your vote, it is added to the leaderboard for that round and for the season.

There are some different ways to add the points. I have opted for all votes to count so if 10 people vote, that will mean that if one player gets all 3's, they will gain 30 points for the final.

Assuming we win this week, I'll setup the trial differently for the 2nd week.

If it's decided to go ahead and use this in the 2016 Season, it will be renamed.
Cheers!

Please don’t PM me with help issues as I won’t respond. Use the Help & Suggestions Forum.
2018 - Fighting Tiger Fund Patron
2018 - Official Richmond Cheer Squad Member
[USER=1]@Ned[/USER] will this replace the Yellow Sash voting?

Like the idea, by the way!
-=2016 Advocate for "The Shed"=-
-=2017 Advocate for Ivan (MkII) Soldo=-

______________________Au MRC FTF
BigTigerCasey, post: 1460643, member: 5585 Wrote:[USER=1]@Ned[/USER] will this replace the Yellow Sash voting?

Like the idea, by the way!
I think so. Calculating the scores each week had proven impossible for this year. This will make automated the process so results will be reliable for once!
Cheers!

Please don’t PM me with help issues as I won’t respond. Use the Help & Suggestions Forum.
Like it. I stopped voting for the sash. Would love a 1,2 ,3
Sponsor of Daniel Butler 2015-17
2005-2014 Sponsor of Daniel Jackson

Member of Yellow and Black the greatest of all Football Sites.Cool
3 lids
2 dusty
1 Rance
Every game they all play till they retire...good idea Ned.
The following are the available scoring options:
  1. Total Vote Tally: Players are tallied for their overall votes. At the end of the year the winners are those that have the most votes
  2. 3-2-1 Vote - Strict: Players are ranked at the end of each round and top 3 are given points. In case of a tie points are split between them. ( i.e. players 1 & 2 scored 10 votes and players 3 & 4 scored 9 votes each. Therefore the points would be Players 1 & 2 get 2.5 points and players 3 & 4 get 0.5 points [this is based on a 3-2-1 system])
  3. 3-2-1 Vote - Basic: Players are ranked at the end of each round and top 3 are given points. In case of a tie all players in that rank are given the points for that rank. In case of a tie all players in that rank are given the points for that rank. (i.e. every player who is ranked first gets 3 points, 2nd - 2 points and so on
Due to the variable number of Member votes each week, I think that Option 3 is the fairest. What does everyone else think?
Cheers!

Option3 for me is a no brainer
Sponsor of Daniel Butler 2015-17
2005-2014 Sponsor of Daniel Jackson

Member of Yellow and Black the greatest of all Football Sites.Cool
If you're committed enough, you can make any story work.

I once told a woman I was Kevin Costner, and it worked because I believed it.
Why not pt it to - yes you guessed it - a 3,2 and 1 vote!!!???

Then we can see how it all works!
-=2016 Advocate for "The Shed"=-
-=2017 Advocate for Ivan (MkII) Soldo=-

______________________Au MRC FTF
BigTigerCasey, post: 1460698, member: 5585 Wrote:Why not pt it to - yes you guessed it - a 3,2 and 1 vote!!!???

Then we can see how it all works!
I'll use it for this week's final as a test.
Cheers!