Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
User Title Ladder
If you're not sure what the User Title Ladder is, have a look under you name and see if you're "Well Liked" or "Very Well Liked" or "Revered".....yep, that's it Smile

I would like Member input on this section as it can be a bit of fun and can also act as recognition to those Members who contribute to the site.

At present, this ladder uses Likes as the criteria. They can also be based on the number of posts or the number of Trophy Points. Perhaps I'll start a thread on those next!

This is the current ladder:

0 likes - Just Getting Started
20 likes - Liked
50 - Very Well Liked
100 - Very Very Well Liked
500 - Seriously Well Liked
1000 - Revered
2500 - Loved
5000 - Adored
10000 - On a Pedestal

I would like some input on:
  • Whether to continue to base the Ladder on Likes or to base it on Posts or Tropy points
  • How many Likes (or posts or trophy points) should be achieved for each level and
  • What each level should be named - should we stick to a RFC theme (i.e. Instead of "On a Pedestal" we use "Jack Dyer" or instead of "Loved" we use "TBR" Big Grin
Please post your thoughts here.
Cheers!

Please don’t PM me with help issues as I won’t respond. Use the Help & Suggestions Forum.
2018 - Fighting Tiger Fund Patron
2018 - Official Richmond Cheer Squad Member
Err... I thought just getting started was a TBR classification? o_O
-=2016 Advocate for "The Shed"=-
-=2017 Advocate for Ivan (MkII) Soldo=-

______________________Au MRC FTF
Some sort of mix with weightings for posting frequency, likes and trophy points. As a first draft I would guess something like likes @ 100%, posts @10% and I dunno about trophy points, maybe 100% too (depends what they are for). It is isn't just popularity then the various titles could vary. Maybe have a mix, eg popular (high like count) vs loquacious (for high post count) or much awarded. That sort of thing.
Now then now then now now then now now then then now now then. Now then!
Unfortunately, the criteria are Likes or Posts or Trophy points. There is no ability to use a combination.
Cheers!

Please don’t PM me with help issues as I won’t respond. Use the Help & Suggestions Forum.
You can change the rules all you like [USER=1]@Ned[/USER]...I'll find a way!
Quality over Quantity
Sponsor of Daniel Butler 2015-17
2005-2014 Sponsor of Daniel Jackson

Member of Yellow and Black the greatest of all Football Sites.Cool
Ned, post: 1460649, member: 1 Wrote:Unfortunately, the criteria are Likes or Posts or Trophy points. There is no ability to use a combination.
Then it has to be likes. As Vossy says, quality needs recognising, post count is displayed anyway. We want to encourage volume but good content is the best driver of that.
Now then now then now now then now now then then now now then. Now then!
Some thoughts:

I thought the rep system was good. I liked the nuance of giving rep rather than "liking" something. Maybe i take it too literally, but i think it is possible to respect the delivery without actually liking what is said.

There is a lot of banter, one sentence posts that get many "likes" as they are enjoyed by the posters but wouldn't necessarily have received a rep vote.

I realise the criteria dont include rep thus my opinion put forth here is kind of irrelevant but it is something i thought when the likes first came in. I probably still intend "rep" when i hit "like".

I think rep gave an impression to new users that it was less a mates' club and more of a discussion-focussed site.

I liked being able to comment along with the rep. It was a unique space within the forum that i miss.

Regardless, great site, great work by all, GO TIGES!!
"But in reality... it's real" BT Qualifying Final 2017
I repped/liked that.
Any suggestions on what each level should be titled?
Cheers!