Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tapatalk to be removed
I know that many of you access Yellow and Black via Tapatalk on your mobile devices.

Unfortunately, there have been several issues detected in the software that has seen support for the plugin removed from the Xenforo website (Xenforo is the forum software that we use on this website).

Some of the issues include:
  • User passwords being transmitted as cleartext making it easy for hackers to intercept
  • Tapatalk by-passing Xenforo's new two-step authentication protocol
  • Tapatalk e-mailing forum users directly
  • The splash screen that greets users when they access yellowandblack.com.au/community directly via a mobile browser (this can be switched off by me but I chose not to do so as I had a preference for people to use Tapatalk when browsing the site on a mobile device).
As a result, Tapatalk will no longer be available after this week. I intend to remove it from Y & B over the weekend.

Xenforo has a responsive mobile design so you will still be able to view and post on the site using your mobile device.

There are other mobile apps that can be used to access the forum (i.e. Forumrunner) however unlike Tapatalk, they are not free.
Cheers!

Please don’t PM me with help issues as I won’t respond. Use the Help & Suggestions Forum.
2018 - Fighting Tiger Fund Patron
2018 - Official Richmond Cheer Squad Member
I didn't realise there were issues with Tapatalk. Oh well.....
You should all rejoice....it means I will post a lot less.
Ah well and here was I just getting used to using the mobile.

Only taken me 12 months.
2017 Advocate for the Rising Star Jack Graham
Those who don't believe in magic will never find it. Ronald Dahl 1978
Vines, post: 1460410, member: 5754 Wrote:You should all rejoice....it means I will post a lot less.

Gracie, post: 1460415, member: 4835 Wrote:Ah well and here was I just getting used to using the mobile.

Only taken me 12 months.
You can still post using your mobile device. The mobile design is quite good and will be improved once I install the version 1.5 upgrade after season's end.
Cheers!

Please don’t PM me with help issues as I won’t respond. Use the Help & Suggestions Forum.
2018 - Fighting Tiger Fund Patron
2018 - Official Richmond Cheer Squad Member
I'm using my mobile now and don't use Tapatalk.
"The future will be better tomorrow." (Dopey) Dan Quayle
Use my mobile more than a desk/tablet or other larger form factor. No problems for me....e..x..c.e.pt that one thread Round 21 Tigers v Magpies where TBR was the last poster. System still thinks his last post is worth reading over and over and over...it will not acknowledge that the forum has been read!
-=2016 Advocate for "The Shed"=-
-=2017 Advocate for Ivan (MkII) Soldo=-

______________________Au MRC FTF
BigTigerCasey, post: 1460420, member: 5585 Wrote:Use my mobile more than a desk/tablet or other larger form factor. No problems for me....e..x..c.e.pt that one thread Round 21 Tigers v Magpies where TBR was the last poster. System still thinks his last post is worth reading over and over and over...it will not acknowledge that the forum has been read!

Just keep liking it and TBR will make sure it disappears to protect his badboy unlikable image
2017 Advocate for the Rising Star Jack Graham
Those who don't believe in magic will never find it. Ronald Dahl 1978
Many of my posts contain layers which need to be re read several times to be truly absorbed.
If you're committed enough, you can make any story work.

I once told a woman I was Kevin Costner, and it worked because I believed it.
thebigricho, post: 1460430, member: 9766 Wrote:Many of my posts contain layers which need to be re read several times to be truly absorbed.
Onion like?

Must admit most of your posts do leave me in tears...or bored to tears...
-=2016 Advocate for "The Shed"=-
-=2017 Advocate for Ivan (MkII) Soldo=-

______________________Au MRC FTF

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tapatalk updated Ned 5 1,095 16-06-2013, 16:21
Last Post: Flawed
  Testing Tapatalk Broadcast Ned 16 1,156 01-09-2012, 11:20
Last Post: Rumpole