Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A pair of questions
Hi Ned,

I have two questions for you if you'd be so kind to answer, please. One trivial, one not so much.

- Did you install a favicon with the site update? Just it's not coming up in my bookmarked sites like most others do.

- For the past week and a bit I'm having posting issues. I'll type something into the grey box and hit the button to post, and it just sits there, and sits there, and sits there. If I load the site in another window it will show that my post has gone through though.

*** EDIT: Posting this new thread worked slowly but fine. ***

While the first one doesn't really matter, the second one is frustrating. Is it happening to anybody else?

Flummoxed!
Ms Tantie.
xox
2017 advocate for Nathan Drummond - on the rise...
Ms Tantie, post: 1456466, member: 5678 Wrote:Hi Ned,

I have two questions for you if you'd be so kind to answer, please. One trivial, one not so much.

- Did you install a favicon with the site update? Just it's not coming up in my bookmarked sites like most others do.

- For the past week and a bit I'm having posting issues. I'll type something into the grey box and hit the button to post, and it just sits there, and sits there, and sits there. If I load the site in another window it will show that my post has gone through though.

While the first one doesn't really matter, the second one is frustrating. Is it happening to anybody else?

Flummoxed!
Ms Tantie.
xox
When posting it sits there for me too, when I refresh the page I see the post has gone through.
Gut feel there are a few problems with the web at the moment, it is intermitent and will effect one function or site but not others. I suspect its a deliberate thing to get people to update a browser, system etc. Say a corporate identity wanting a cash influx. Nothing to do with Y&B specifically I hasten to add.
No.8 Dick Clay 213g(1966-76), Michael Roach 200g 607goals(1977-89), Alan Geddes 182g 1925-43), Robert Carew 45g(1919-22), Jack Riewoldt 225*g 537*goals(2007-)

Flummoxed!
Ms Tantie.
xox
Yeah happens to me too. Think that's why things get posted twice? People think they've not pushed submit and hit it again?

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Flummoxed!
Ms Tantie.
xox

Both happening here too.

Sponsor 2019- Jack Ross
Thanks for confirmation. I wonder what changed? it was quite speedy and posts posted fine until a week or so ago.

I guess we'll have to wait and see what net guru Ned has to say. Smile

Wiz!
Ms Tantie.
xox
2017 advocate for Nathan Drummond - on the rise...
Number two for me as well, but more common on mobile device.
-=2016 Advocate for "The Shed"=-
-=2017 Advocate for Ivan (MkII) Soldo=-

______________________Au MRC FTF
Happened to me today on all the posts I - er - posted.
[COLOR=rgb(255, 140, 0)]MY AVATAR: [SIZE=4]1967 WEG tiger[/SIZE][/COLOR]
I can confirm I have number two on a regular basis too (yes yes, pun intended :p )

(Browser: Firefox 38.0.1/Win7Pro, no proxies in use)
Paid up 2019 Member.
RichardMEL, post: 1456507, member: 4825 Wrote:I can confirm I have number two on a regular basis too (yes yes, pun intended :p )

(Browser: Firefox 38.0.1/Win7Pro, no proxies in use)
I set it up and Rmel metamucil's it to next week. Nice work! Here, have a prune.
-=2016 Advocate for "The Shed"=-
-=2017 Advocate for Ivan (MkII) Soldo=-

______________________Au MRC FTF