Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hardwick and his Coaching Staff - stay or go?
It's time.

Monday is the day to do it. The players are frustrated and the coach is helpless.

We need to move before Carlton and get Bomber in so he can use the second half of the season to start preparing.

It is a bold move but we have wasted enough time in the last 4 decades, let's not waste another 6 months.

It will also give the chance to stagger some of the other changes - Hartley, Jackson, Gale, O'Neal, Burge over the next 12 months so we don't waste next year as well.
If you're committed enough, you can make any story work.

I once told a woman I was Kevin Costner, and it worked because I believed it.
Who is left to guide the changes if they are all out the door?

A few months back Gale was your one guy out of the key club positions you thought was A-grade. What has changed? If he made the call on Hardwick on Monday as you say then surely he has the kahunas and remains A-grade?

The time is now. This group plateaued 13/14. We need to keep the momentum going and supporter optimism up by refreshing things.

We must spend money and chase the best.
Difficult gig this coaching! No soft draw in the back half this year to make the coach and team look better than they are!. Difficult to see us being anything other than bottom 4. Would think we need another coach before the end of season to keep Rance. Who would want the job mid-year?

Bomber Thompson will want all his own men. They wont be available Monday. A full review of the entire football department is what needs to start now, so the lessons of the failure are not lost in the revolution. Maybe Bomber and his team would be a good place to start to conduct an external review?
Advocate of the next RFC premiership team
thebigricho, post: 1454432, member: 9766 Wrote:We need to move before Carlton and get Bomber in so he can use the second half of the season to start preparing.

Any move Carlton are going to make will be the wrong move. I say let them move first.
OK I am finally as one with [USER=9766]@thebigricho[/USER]

Sorry Damien but it is time to see other people. It is not you but me. We had a good run but it is just not working for me. Can we still be friends???
2017 Advocate for the Rising Star Jack Graham
Those who don't believe in magic will never find it. Ronald Dahl 1978
Broadsword, post: 1454448, member: 5974 Wrote:A few months back Gale was your one guy out of the key club positions you thought was A-grade. What has changed? If he made the call on Hardwick on Monday as you say then surely he has the kahunas and remains A-grade?

Gale has done an excellent job off-field but he has failed to deliver success on-field.

I would have overlooked that but unfortunately he has made the fatal error of aligning himself too closely to Hardwick now the heat has come on and is inextricably linked to him.

When Hardwick goes I can't see how Gale can't. Ditto O'Neal, although her departure will be difficult to notice given she is invisible.

thebigricho, post: 1454432, member: 9766 Wrote:We need to move before Carlton and get Bomber in so he can use the second half of the season to start preparing.

Carlton? At this rate Essendon will be wondering why on earth they discarded a proven premiership coach and re-invested so heavily in the Golden One even after he was at the helm when his black ops peptide program nearly destroyed the club.

Not sure moving now on Hardwick will help. players need to show more than what they are showing and I dread another caretaker who might ruin more decent player like the blade did.
Gracie, post: 1454470, member: 4835 Wrote:OK I am finally as one with [USER=9766]@thebigricho[/USER]

I missed the proposal but wish you both all the best Smile

Rumpole, post: 1454474, member: 6364 Wrote:Not sure moving now on Hardwick will help. players need to show more than what they are showing and I dread another caretaker who might ruin more decent player like the blade did.

So we'll have a dead man walking again reminiscent of Frawley's final year? Either way it's a lose for the RFC, add to that paying out Dimma's contract for 2016 and you have to wonder about the decision makers at Richmond to put the club in this position.
amigo, post: 1454476, member: 6019 Wrote:So we'll have a dead man walking again reminiscent of Frawley's final year? Either way it's a lose for the RFC, add to that paying out Dimma's contract for 2016 and you have to wonder about the decision makers at Richmond to put the club in this position.

Like I said, I am not sure. It's a combination thing, our performance. The players ultimately are the ones on the field, but they are directed by the coach and are playing in a manner that is counter-intuitive. Might be time to encourage them to play to their strengths, and trust that our strengths are good enough because trying to minimize our weakness is stifling us.
Just to clarify. I'm not advocating a caretaker.

I'm saying let's be gutsy and wipe the season, go to Bomber on Monday and ask him what he wants.

Ideally he would take over straight away, almost like an extended preseason where he assessed the joint, saw who he wanted going forward and then makes changes at season end.

If he doesn't want to take the reins yet, get a caretaker in he is comfortable with.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  DH to stay 17Sash 88 7,636 12-06-2015, 03:16
Last Post: 17Sash
  2010 Coaching Thread - Hardwick is chosen (merged from other threads) RROFO 2,322 88,861 01-09-2009, 13:25
Last Post: seenitall
  Tigers staff face chopping block Anduril 59 2,822 31-07-2008, 02:14
Last Post: GeneralLee
  Stay the course, or same old same old? chris88 50 2,573 15-04-2008, 23:21
Last Post: RichardMEL
  No Knobel, No Staff, No Hall - What do we do? chris88 47 1,846 30-03-2006, 16:11
Last Post: proffessional optimist
  Staff Under Pump/Wallace's Defensive Ponderings Forbesy 11 746 22-07-2005, 11:11
Last Post: TribalTiger
  Staff to contest timbo 0 349 05-07-2005, 13:13
Last Post: timbo
  Staff, Snake, Trent - time to step up chris88 2 513 16-06-2005, 15:14
Last Post: country-tige
  Staff's ankle & Training update 24/5 lucas 10 765 25-05-2005, 10:08
Last Post: chris88