Poll: Should Reputation Comments be publicly viewable?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
36.84%
7 36.84%
No
47.37%
9 47.37%
What's a Reputation Comment?
15.79%
3 15.79%
Total 19 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reputation Comments
Ned I don't understand what purpose having rep comments public is meant to serve.

I just find it odd that someone would want or need to know I said 'great post' or 'LOL' when giving rep.
Exactly, so don't log on to people's profiles and click on the rep stuff if you don't want to know...not hard.
You're missing the point entirely, Vinesy.

Hands up those who knew prior to this discussion that rep comments were visible to all. I didn't for one and I believe that Claw is another who thought comments were only viewable to the giver and receiver - "off the record" in journo-lingo.

I would say that there would be a few comments passed that were made in the belief that it was privileged information. (now there will be a mad scramble to see just what people don't want made public)

My impression of people digging around to read comments is akin to sifting through people's garbage bins or placing "bugs" in someone's house to overhear conversations. An invasion of people's privacy!

Heaven help students if teachers have no respect for privacy!
[COLOR=rgb(255, 140, 0)]MY AVATAR: [SIZE=4]1967 WEG tiger[/SIZE][/COLOR]
Eh?
How the hell has my profession come into this bloody discussion???.?

Pretty sure we were asked for our opinion and for a comment. Someone even asked the people that voted yes to clarify why. So I bloody did.
Your reply was rather dismissive.

I was surprised that a person of your profession would be unconcerned about privacy.
[COLOR=rgb(255, 140, 0)]MY AVATAR: [SIZE=4]1967 WEG tiger[/SIZE][/COLOR]
HA I didn't know they were public either
Gimme, post: 1441979 Wrote:Hands up those who knew prior to this discussion that rep comments were visible to all. I didn't for one and I believe that Claw is another who thought comments were only viewable to the giver and receiver - "off the record" in journo-lingo.

I would say that there would be a few comments passed that were made in the belief that it was privileged information. (now there will be a mad scramble to see just what people don't want made public)

My impression of people digging around to read comments is akin to sifting through people's garbage bins or placing "bugs" in someone's house to overhear conversations. An invasion of people's privacy!

Hand stays down.

Schtum!
Ms Tantie.
xox
2017 advocate for Nathan Drummond - on the rise...
Gimme, post: 1441984 Wrote:Your reply was rather dismissive.

I was surprised that a person of your profession would be unconcerned about privacy.

If they're not private then it can't be an invasion of privacy can it? A simple impossibility I would have thought.

I've known they were public for ages. I recall making reference to one of [MENTION=5891]Jase30[/MENTION] 's rep comments in one of my posts, something about "kick it long FFS!"

I always found it interesting to see who else was disagreeing with me when I was discussing something with someone. For instance, if I'd been disagreeing with [MENTION=6723]withagrin[/MENTION], I'd pop in to his reputation comments to see how contrary my view was to others'.

I didn't see it as an invasion of privacy, because it's not private. Now that you know it isn't, you can proceed accordingly.

Bye.
Waggy. Where is he? Or she?

I can only speak for myself, as I was asked to do, but I come on here to talk a bit of dribble with like minded tiger fans. Not, scan about and see what other people have said about other people.

I only read my own, very rare, rep comments because I want to rid of those notification numbers up the top there.....who cares what some people say about other people? Keep em public, move on.

Lighthearted stuff.
Elgreedo, post: 1441999 Wrote:II recall making reference to one of [MENTION=5891]Jase30[/MENTION] 's rep comments in one of my posts, something about "kick it long FFS!"

He loved his rep that boy and.......Where the hell is atJason30 ??? Have the tiges broken his spirit ? Did he get sacked for too much Y&B on work hours ? Did someone upset him ? Did his missus ask him to choose between Y&B or her ??
Piss poor effort choosing her over Y&B Jase.

[COLOR=rgb(255, 255, 255)] [/COLOR] THOSE MIGHTY TIGERS !

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Reputation score missing RichardMEL 7 1,265 20-08-2007, 22:29
Last Post: Ned