Poll: Should Reputation Comments be publicly viewable?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
36.84%
7 36.84%
No
47.37%
9 47.37%
What's a Reputation Comment?
15.79%
3 15.79%
Total 19 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reputation Comments
A recent post by [MENTION=6798]Claw[/MENTION] questioned whether Reputation comments should be publicly viewable. This is currently the case.

If you're not sure about how to do this, simply go to any member's profile and you'll see a tab labelled "Reputation". Click on that and you'll see the past 10 Reputation comments made.

As there has been some discussion by the Coaching Panel regarding this, I thought that I'd create a poll to find out what people want.

Please comment if you see you see fit.
Cheers!

Please don’t PM me with help issues as I won’t respond. Use the Help & Suggestions Forum.
2018 - Fighting Tiger Fund Patron
2018 - Official Richmond Cheer Squad Member
Bring back negative rep so I can go to town on you plebs !!

[COLOR=rgb(255, 255, 255)] [/COLOR] THOSE MIGHTY TIGERS !
Ned, post: 1441826 Wrote:A recent post by [MENTION=6798]Claw[/MENTION] questioned whether Reputation comments should be publicly viewable. This is currently the case.

If you're not sure about how to do this, simply go to any member's profile and you'll see a tab labelled "Reputation". Click on that and you'll see the past 10 Reputation comments made.

As there has been some discussion by the Coaching Panel regarding this, I thought that I'd create a poll to find out what people want.

Please comment if you see you see fit.

Ordinarily I'd say leave it alone. However with temperatures rising and a divide of opinion I don't want to know. Some rep comments get a bit personal which I wonder whether the mods would allow in general.

I think deal with it like a PM.

Give the mods a break.
What are you saying [MENTION=6798]Claw[/MENTION] - that PMs can be read?

I hope not!
[COLOR=rgb(255, 140, 0)]MY AVATAR: [SIZE=4]1967 WEG tiger[/SIZE][/COLOR]
I voted "no".

Why would anyone want to see what posters are adding to rep?

Sounds like Big Brother.

There's enough surveillance in this world without adding to it.
Gimme, post: 1441857 Wrote:What are you saying [MENTION=6798]Claw[/MENTION] - that PMs can be read?

I hope not!

No, no,no. I'm saying if you want to add comment to reputations they should be like a PM.

Think who gives rep to who is a non issue but I think the personal comment should be left personal.
I don't want to get rid of comment on reputations.

I just don't want to know about what prompted the comment in detail for other posters. Short answer I know is just don't look...but I just don't leave a rock over turned.

Having said that I often just give rep without comment and occasionally I'll add comment but it's more like a personal addition to clarify.

My point was maybe some posters didn't know their comments were public not that you shouldn't add personal comment on rep.
So far 3 posters have voted in favour of comments being viewable to others.

Would any of those anonymous people care to elaborate?

After all, I have admitted to voting against it on the principle that what I give reputation to and to whom is my business and the poster I give it to.

I think anyone who wants to read other peoples' thoughts is a voyeur at best and at worst . . . well, that's my business.

C'mon, I dare you 3 no-sayers.
I'm not a no-sayer - I'm a yes-sayer [MENTION=5462]Gimme[/MENTION] Smile

The reason I voted yes is quite simple - if I make a comment in praise of someone I have no problem if others see what it. I also don't mind that others can see that I liked something.

I wasn't aware (nor had I considered) that others may not want their comments or positive reputation made public hence this poll.

I have no strong feelings either way, so what happens is up to the majority.

I'll leave the poll open for 7 days and then act on the result.
Cheers!

Please don’t PM me with help issues as I won’t respond. Use the Help & Suggestions Forum.
2018 - Fighting Tiger Fund Patron
2018 - Official Richmond Cheer Squad Member
[MENTION=1]Ned[/MENTION] I made a boo-boo by writing "no-sayers". As it makes no sense if I correct it now that you have used the term, I shall leave it.

I accept your explanation but I suspect you may have given the others a way out.

I might just stop giving rep altogether.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Reputation score missing RichardMEL 7 1,274 20-08-2007, 22:29
Last Post: Ned