Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
VFL Team Top-ups
Vosstiger, post: 1430373 Wrote:Great appointment and he is very passionate about mentoring. May pay off more in the future to show punt Road is not just talking indigenous footballers but have them on staff.

It's something that has puzzled me, [MENTION=5850]Vosstiger[/MENTION] , about all the publicity the Korin Gamadji Institute has received that we have only one player with any claim to being indigenous - Shane Edwards - and he doesn't make a big show of it.
[COLOR=rgb(255, 140, 0)]MY AVATAR: [SIZE=4]1967 WEG tiger[/SIZE][/COLOR]
Gimme, post: 1430436 Wrote:It's something that has puzzled me, [MENTION=5850]Vosstiger[/MENTION] , about all the publicity the Korin Gamadji Institute has received that we have only one player with any claim to being indigenous - Shane Edwards - and he doesn't make a big show of it.

We're doing the right thing. Not just recruiting someone because they are indigenous. I hope we get some soon but we take the best player based on our ranking system at that spot in the draft.
"Ridicule is the only weapon that can be used against unintelligiable propositions." Thomas Jefferson
Gimme, post: 1430436 Wrote:It's something that has puzzled me, [MENTION=5850]Vosstiger[/MENTION] , about all the publicity the Korin Gamadji Institute has received that we have only one player with any claim to being indigenous - Shane Edwards - and he doesn't make a big show of it.

Yes I am of like mind and that is why I like the appointment. We haven't seemed to have understood how to support indigenous players, yet we acknowledge the "Traditional owners of the land" in every function. We certainly seem to be under represented in indigenous talent though.
Sponsor of Daniel Butler 2015-17
2005-2014 Sponsor of Daniel Jackson

Member of Yellow and Black the greatest of all Football Sites.Cool
Dmactiger, post: 1430440 Wrote:We're doing the right thing. Not just recruiting someone because they are indigenous. I hope we get some soon but we take the best player based on our ranking system at that spot in the draft.

I wasn't talking about recruiting a player simply on the fact they were indigenous.

I was commenting on us holding up the KGI as an example of our unprejudiced attitude to others yet we are probably the most under-represented team when it comes to indigenous players. Other teams have been successful with their choices so how come we have such a deplorable failure rate with our recruitment - Maurice Rioli aside and - to a lesser extent - Krakouer, Rodan and Mitchell?
Rodan was indigenous to Fiji. Smile

Dave!
Ms Tantie.
xox
2017 advocate for Nathan Drummond - on the rise...
Gimme, post: 1430446 Wrote:I wasn't talking about recruiting a player simply on the fact they were indigenous.

I was commenting on us holding up the KGI as an example of our unprejudiced attitude to others yet we are probably the most under-represented team when it comes to indigenous players. Other teams have been successful with their choices so how come we have such a deplorable failure rate with our recruitment - Maurice Rioli aside and - to a lesser extent - Krakouer, Rodan and Mitchell?

We haven't recruited one since Taylor. Egan was a success.
"Ridicule is the only weapon that can be used against unintelligiable propositions." Thomas Jefferson
Max Bailey said he will also play if his knees hold up
ADVOCATE OF THE TACKLING AND PRESSURE MACHINE DANIEL RIOLI
Ms Tantie, post: 1430447 Wrote:Rodan was indigenous to Fiji. Smile

Dave!
Ms Tantie.
xox

I was trying to be PC by using - incorrectly - the word "indigenous" to describe those who are not of my hue, i.e. Anglo-Saxon.

mea culpa!

Dmactiger, post: 1430454 Wrote:We haven't recruited one since Taylor. Egan was a success.

How did I know I would be picked up on a player I forgot to mention?
Re: Stand-alone VFL Teams

So. Luke Conca playing for our VFL side...

Didn't some brilliant minded person suggest that ages ago?...

5/9/13:

Nightblade081, post: 1424510 Wrote:Hope we sign up Luke Conca and Matt Deledio to our VFL side.

TIGERMCDONOUGH, post: 1424542 Wrote:If Luke Conca was any good he wouldnt be playing in 4th division of the EFL in one of the worst teams in EFL history

BOW BEFORE ME!
If you told me you didn't miss me, I would more than likely call you a liar and walk away. Then, umm, find some place to get some ice cream to replenish the innocence you blackened with your filthy deceits. (I like strawberry).
Re: Stand-alone VFL Teams

Nightblade081, post: 1430494 Wrote:So. Luke Conca playing for our VFL side...

Didn't some brilliant minded person suggest that ages ago?...

5/9/13:

BOW BEFORE ME!

He still won't be playing
All our young guns are before him and everyone on that list
He's probably only on there to get Reece signed a month or so back
ADVOCATE OF THE TACKLING AND PRESSURE MACHINE DANIEL RIOLI

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  McRae to coach Tigers’ VFL team Forbesy 3 1,624 22-10-2015, 20:31
Last Post: Broadsword
  Work with VFL team Luke n Cogz 9 1,109 14-02-2014, 13:28
Last Post: BigTigerCasey