Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The 2013 List Management Thread
Here is the list management thread for this year, as sooner or later someone will see a need for it. I will "sticky"it so it is easy to find.
I'll have a go as a starter.

Delist
Nahas
Derrickx

Neither of those two have any trade value at all.

White is fringe depth but hasn't harmed his chances of another season as fringe/depth sub value, whereas the first two appear to have gone backwards/stalled for differing reasons.

Arnot yet to play a game, may be under some pressure by the end of the season.

I just hope Nahas either a) gets his shit together and finds some of that 35 goals a year form, or b) plays for coburg a lot!
I reckon White would be pretty safe. He's proven himself as a good impact player and is great for depth. Don't see him ever being a permanent best 22 player so he may want to seek opportunities elsewhere where he might get a regular senior game.
2013 advocate for Nick "the Destroyer" Vlastuin (Floss-tone) aka "Tigger" AND Kamdyn "the name" McIntosh.
I'll kick it off with my list of players who might be looking for other employment at year end

In some sort of declining order - Nahas, Dea, Derrickx, Astbury, White, A. Edwards, Griffiths.

Two possible (but unlikely) retirements subject to form/finals - Tuck,Newman, King.
Likely to retire:

Newman
Tuck

Delist:

Derickx
Williams
Verrier
Darrou

Trade Bait:

Nahas
Helbig
O'Hanlon

Potential Trade Bait (as in, unlucky, but wouldn't be too surprised):

Astbury
Griffiths
Dea
White
McGuane
If you told me you didn't miss me, I would more than likely call you a liar and walk away. Then, umm, find some place to get some ice cream to replenish the innocence you blackened with your filthy deceits. (I like strawberry).
Nightblade081, post: 1411362 Wrote:Trade Bait:

Nahas
Helbig
O'Hanlon

Potential Trade Bait (as in, unlucky, but wouldn't be too surprised):

Astbury
Griffiths
Dea
White
McGuane

Pfft - your trade bait and potential trade bait is as wishful as the list of players you'd like to see come in. Only 2 of those might attract any interest - Nahas & McGuane. Nahas might get traded for a non pick (like A. Edwards), McGuane might have some real value, but can't see him going given his role this year.
Players to have a look at:

Would we be able to get them?: [COLOR="#00FF00"]Likely[/COLOR], [COLOR="#FF8C00"]Some Chance[/COLOR], [COLOR="#FF0000"]Unlikely[/COLOR]

Adelaide: [COLOR="#FFA500"]Bernie Vince[/COLOR]
Brisbane: [COLOR="#00FF00"]Longer[/COLOR], [COLOR="#00FF00"]Karnezis[/COLOR]
Collingwood: [COLOR="#FF0000"]Alex Fasolo[/COLOR]
Hawthorn:[COLOR="#00FF00"] Xavier Ellis[/COLOR]
Geelong: [COLOR="#FF0000"]George Burbury[/COLOR]
Gold Coast: [COLOR="#00FF00"]Daniel Gorringe[/COLOR], [COLOR="#FF0000"]Trent McKenzie[/COLOR], [COLOR="#FFA500"]Dion Prestia[/COLOR]
GWS: [COLOR="#00FF00"]Taylor Adams[/COLOR], [COLOR="#FF8C00"]Will Hoskin-Elliott[/COLOR], [COLOR="#00FF00"]Liam Sumner[/COLOR]
Melbourne:[COLOR="#00FF00"] Jack Watts[/COLOR], [COLOR="#FF0000"]James Frawley[/COLOR]
Nth Melb: [COLOR="#FF0000"]Aaron Black[/COLOR]
Port Adelaide: [COLOR="#FF8C00"]Jarrad Redden[/COLOR], [COLOR="#FF0000"]Matthew Lobbe[/COLOR]
Sydney: [COLOR="#FF0000"]Gary Rohan[/COLOR]
West Coast: [COLOR="#FF0000"]Mark LeCras[/COLOR], [COLOR="#00FF00"]Scott Lycett[/COLOR]
If you told me you didn't miss me, I would more than likely call you a liar and walk away. Then, umm, find some place to get some ice cream to replenish the innocence you blackened with your filthy deceits. (I like strawberry).
Nightblade081, post: 1411367 Wrote:Players to have a look at:

Collingwood: [COLOR="#FF0000"]Alex Fasolo[/COLOR]

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! He's icky.

Yuk!
Ms Tantie.
xox
2017 advocate for Nathan Drummond - on the rise...
Vines, post: 1411356 Wrote:.................as fringe/depth sub value..................

I would urge all to ponder depth more than they have in the past
there were plenty of us not totally on side with the "depth" push the recruiters shows this past off season

Chaplin was seen as a "lock" by most

but Knights, Pettard, A Edwards , Orrensen , Longerden not so
but with 3 already used and Edwards and Longerden now in the highly likely to be used category

I think the judgement on the need for depth looks very wise

in the past when we lost key players to injury ie( the likes of Cotchin, Tuck, Vickery , Maric, Grimmes etc ) we just lose , simple

now we have got wins against Port & Melb. and we are not writting ourselves off against Essendon

has the newly acquired depth worked , or was it just natural improvement from our list ?

probably a bit of both , but in keping with the theme I would see White a good depth player and very much a keeper

we could well loose Newman and Tuck at end of year so making room for our 3 ND picks shouldn't pose a problem
another FA mightn't go astray given their good track record at picking

the 4 exits to make room (Newman, Tuck, Derickx, Nahas)
I feel the need , The need for SPEED
Good point Ceehook.

We would be playing kids who aren't ready in years past to cover injuries, now we bring in solid mature bodied, experienced AFL players. We still have a way to go, to cover all areas, but our list is much more balanced.
"I think Australians are big-hearted and open-minded people, and embracing same-sex marriage is just a logical extension of who we are. I can't wait to celebrate the weddings of ALL my friends in the coming years. It's time." Rachael Taylor

Proud Co-Advocate of Reece Conca and Tyrone Vickery in 2013

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  2017 List management Gracie 592 19,533 19-11-2017, 16:12
Last Post: 17Sash
  2018 List Management Thread thebigricho 2 238 06-05-2017, 13:18
Last Post: ceehook
  2016 List Management Thread thebigricho 1,845 67,921 25-12-2016, 09:53
Last Post: Vines
  List management 2014 simmo27 1,101 67,155 17-12-2014, 14:28
Last Post: bagwarn
  The 2013 Finals thread RROFO 52 2,565 02-09-2013, 14:17
Last Post: RROFO
  2012 List Management thread (including trade and free agency talk) Dmactiger 4,279 146,842 24-01-2013, 13:23
Last Post: Anduril
  The Dom Tyson to RFC in October 2013 thread duncan 6 498 16-12-2012, 23:54
Last Post: Vosstiger
  2013 Playing List, Contracts & Drafting Info Forbesy 0 846 11-12-2012, 15:49
Last Post: Forbesy
  Post trade-period list management October 2011 Cardtrader 268 9,872 04-12-2011, 22:16
Last Post: Jelly Belly Tiger
  Who Should We Target In 2013 (Was Brendan Goddard Thread) johnno 14 821 24-11-2011, 13:28
Last Post: Anduril