Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Final 8 Predictions based on exposed form.
In this thread we can make a new final 8 prediction based on exposed form and keep coming back to it over the coming weeks.

Based on what we've seen so far:

Collingwood
Freo
Hawthorn
Geelong
Richmond
Sydney
Essendon
West Coast

What do others think?

I think North have shown they're a chance as have Carlton. If Carlton lose to Geelong this week they are in real trouble.
"Ridicule is the only weapon that can be used against unintelligiable propositions." Thomas Jefferson
Im sure they will recover but based on results I would have Port before WCE
I'm not saying throw the baby out with the bath water and base all predictions on 2 rounds. West Coast will surely turn it around. Who knows Port could make it at the expense of any of those sides except Collingwood, Geelong or Hawthorn I would say.
"Ridicule is the only weapon that can be used against unintelligiable propositions." Thomas Jefferson
Carlton are in real strife. 0-2 and they play Geelong (Etihad) and WC (Subi) next 2 games. No team has ever made the finals from 0-4. I feel as though they will pinch 1 of the next 2 tho.
Andrew Read
I don't understand the love for Port all of a sudden. They have beaten GWS and Melbourne who will both finish down the bottom and all of a sudden people rate them? I can't believe how many are tipping Port in the derby this weekend.

Collingwood
Hawthorn
Fremantle
Geelong
Sydney
West Coast
Essendon
Richmond
I'm staying with my blind tipping and will not revisit future games until R6 but with the games played we still make the 8

Essendon beating Adelaide was good for us at this stage as I had Essendon well out of the 8
Us beating the blues was also good, I had us beating them later in the season but not this game

Collingwood 17
Richmond 16
Sydney Swans 16
Geelong Cats 16
West Coast Eagles 15
Hawthorn 15
Adelaide Crows 15
Fremantle 14
North are looking good for ninth spot at the moment.

So join in the chorus
And sing it one and all,
Join in the chorus,
North Melbourne's on the fall!

Good old North Melbourne,
They looked on course but then
Lost a spate and fell from eighth
And finished in the ten!

10 teams have to miss.

GWS
Suns
Port
Melbourne
Bulldogs
Brisbane
St Kilda
North Melbourne

Only two teams left to fall. Within a fortnight we could be ruling out Carlton as well.
I think these 6 will definitely make the finals:
Hawks
Pies
Freo
Geelong
Swans
West Coast

I think we'll join them (or is that "hope"), so that leaves one spot. Essendon are looking good so far, but you just don't know what the repercussions of the supplement scandal will be, so for that reason I'll tip against them. The last spot is out of Adelaide and Carlton, and I'm going to go with Carlton. Nth miss, as does StKilda.
Port have no chance at all.

Hawks
Pies
Freo
Geelong
Swans
West Coast
Richmond
Carlton
Certainties - Hawks, Pies, Freo, Swans

Probables - West Coast

Possibles (in decreasing order)- Geelong, Adelaide, Richmond, North, Carlton, Essendon

Tell 'em they're dreaming - Brisbane, GWS, GC, Melbourne, Port, Doggies, Aints.

In any game not involving Richmond I'll be supporting the definites and dreamers over the possibles. Not getting sucked in by the draw, I still think we could be 3 & 3, and a team like Carlton has a shocking start, but it gets easier, and Malthouse ways get more ingrained.

Don't forget Carlton & Essendon were almost flag favourites in the early stages of last season, so don't get carried away.....
West coast have been missing a few of their normal key ingredients
They will swing around big time shortly
Nic Nat, Le Cras, Nikosci, Kerr, Rosa
And Wellingham joins them too
That's 6 pretty handy players who would walk into that team
ADVOCATE OF THE TACKLING AND PRESSURE MACHINE DANIEL RIOLI

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tigers in the News Cal Twomey's Phantom Form Guide: September Ned 2 344 15-11-2018, 16:38
Last Post: Vines
  2012 AFL Predictions Lisa 47 2,236 26-03-2012, 12:58
Last Post: wadey4
  2011 Brownlow Medal Predictions Crusher 41 1,923 28-09-2011, 14:44
Last Post: Lisa
  Predictions of the 16 AFL Captains Gracie 21 1,221 20-03-2009, 13:25
Last Post: Gimme
  Official 2006 Afl Ladder Predictions Wez 7 1,316 30-03-2006, 20:08
Last Post: Luke n Cogz
  2005 AFL Ladder Predictions Forbesy 36 3,026 23-03-2005, 11:56
Last Post: Tigermonk
  Predictions 2004: Ashley Browne Ned 0 874 23-03-2004, 15:48