Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Foxtel 2013
I guess I'm kicking off discussion in regards to Fox Footy for 2013 with a bit of an odd one.

The Foxcopter.

On Insiders Fox Footy did a promo on the Foxcopter which apparently will give us better insight to game play using a camera harnessed to a remote controlled mini helicopter.

They claim it's a 1st and they have the only one however it is something used in real estate shots etc for a few years.

Ever seen what happens when these remote controlled aircraft become out of control?

Would wonder if the AFL will look at Health and Safety when it comes to players or audience at grounds if one of these things goes out of control.? Who's responsible and are they insured?? What if a player gets taken out?

Thinking, thinking, thinking...
I'm totally cool with the 'copter if we can pick the player that's taken out. Smile

Ratso!
Ms Tantie.
xox
2017 advocate for Nathan Drummond - on the rise...
Ms Tantie, post: 1402292 Wrote:I'm totally cool with the 'copter if we can pick the player that's taken out. Smile

Ratso!
Ms Tantie.
xox

How neat would that be. Hmmm. Wonder what you'd have to pay Foxtel for the take out?

Perth game no sign of 'copter. Maybe a promo by Fox without thought?
It should be widely known by now that I refuse to contribute to Foxtel's coffers so imagine my horror (?) and outrage when Esmeralda drew my attention to something that arrived by mail a day or two ago.

(I was going to put this in the Rage section but noticed that Claw had begun this thread so, what the hell?)

Seems the RFC has this deal going with Foxtel offering special RFC supporter's discount if I/we sign up. I notice a rider that "Min. cost no more than $820 on direct debit (incl standard installation)."

WTF! $820 is more use to me in my pocket than some company's collective pocket.

BTW, RFC - yes YOU - I don't appreciate my name and address being bandied around. I trust you haven't passed it on to Foxtel.
[COLOR=rgb(255, 140, 0)]MY AVATAR: [SIZE=4]1967 WEG tiger[/SIZE][/COLOR]
Gimme, post: 1402309 Wrote:It should be widely known by now that I refuse to contribute to Foxtel's coffers so imagine my horror (?) and outrage when Esmeralda drew my attention to something that arrived by mail a day or two ago.

(I was going to put this in the Rage section but noticed that Claw had begun this thread so, what the hell?)

Seems the RFC has this deal going with Foxtel offering special RFC supporter's discount if I/we sign up. I notice a rider that "Min. cost no more than $820 on direct debit (incl standard installation)."

BTW, RFC - yes YOU - I don't appreciate my name and address being bandied around. I trust you haven't passed it on to Foxtel.

I bought a product from Telstra and was advised if I didn't sign on for online billing it would cost me (can't remember the exact figure) around $10.00 if I went to a paper bill.

The cost of paper seemed excessive so I went with online billing. Now I get adverts sent to my email from Telstra which I don't want. How is it that I wasn't advised at the time I would be bombarded with these emails at the point of sale whilst opting under threat of an extra $10 per month?

I'm going to protest this with Telstra but I think whether it's Telstra or the RFC as an organisation you have to be careful of alienating those who support you with deals that clients don't know about/don't want.
Claw, post: 1402296 Wrote:How neat would that be. Hmmm. Wonder what you'd have to pay Foxtel for the take out?

I already pay them a ransom of $82 per month (basic, sport, HD, IQ2 recordy boxy thingy) - I reckon I've paid enough by now to have earned one free shot. BWAHAHA! :devilish:

Da-dum!
Ms Tantie.
xox
2017 advocate for Nathan Drummond - on the rise...
Ms Tantie, post: 1402313 Wrote:I already pay them a ransom of $82 per month (basic, sport, HD, IQ2 recordy boxy thingy) - I reckon I've paid enough by now to have earned one free shot. BWAHAHA! :devilish:

Da-dum!
Ms Tantie.
xox

Then you must put in a request. Hmmmm. Which player? What game do you fancy?
Gimme, post: 1402309 Wrote:It should be widely known by now that I refuse to contribute to Foxtel's coffers so imagine my horror (?) and outrage when Esmeralda drew my attention to something that arrived by mail a day or two ago.

I'm pretty sure it is a standard Foxtel promotion that is available to every club member.

Do yourself a favour and give in to the temptation, Gimme. You will love it.

Fox Footy is sensational and the coverage is miles ahead of Seven. The sooner all sport is on pay the better.
If you're committed enough, you can make any story work.

I once told a woman I was Kevin Costner, and it worked because I believed it.
Having the fox footy connection is absolutely compulsory for me. Being able to watch every RFC game, whether live or recorded, is worth it whatever the cost. If you can't afford it, then do without something else in order to save up the money.
@tbr and [MENTION=4624]duncan[/MENTION] ; you missed the whole gist of my complaint.

It was concern that my name and address may have been passed on to a company I choose not to deal with. Affordability doesn't come into the equation and the thought of being able to watch never-ending footy - or any sport - leaves me cold.

Maybe it goes back to when I first owned a tv set and you had to pay a licence fee and They sent around these nasty little men to make sure you had your licence up-to-date - but you guys wouldn't recall that time.

Or, perhaps, it's being raised when sport was on a Saturday afternoon and Saturday night was when we found out the results of all other games - well, there was only five other games - all played on the same afternoon, once a week.

Y'know, I can see a day when enough of the public will finally say: "Enough, we've had enough!" and turn their back on footy. That's the day football is doomed. I believe that the AFL is over-exposing our great game.

A case in point: Esmeralda belongs to a local craft group which consists of about 14-15 women. All wives and mothers. They gather every Monday, dabble in the crafts but I feel the social thing is more prevalent than crafting which means they cover a wide range of topics.

Do you know one of the consistent gripes? Too much sport on telly! If it's not football it's cricket in all its guises. Some said they are pleased that their husbands no longer go to the football but have taken up bowls because at least they have them for the most of the weekend. I'm getting E to find out today how many of her compatriots have sons playing footy - might be interesting.

And look at how this opening round is unfolding: 8 games over 2 weekends - 6 days in all to get through the first round - and Melbourne was devoid of a game last weekend but, oh wait! next Saturday we have a game at Manynames Stadium. Forget it, Doggies v Brisbane. Whoopee!

And if there comes a day when sport is only shown on pay tv then I'll take up farnarkling.
[COLOR=rgb(255, 140, 0)]MY AVATAR: [SIZE=4]1967 WEG tiger[/SIZE][/COLOR]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Foxtel Cup 2013 tiger74 10 917 30-05-2013, 15:37
Last Post: tiger74
  2012 MVP awards live on foxtel 11/9 tiger74 46 1,369 14-09-2012, 14:43
Last Post: thebigricho
  Foxtel has got me Claw 11 480 25-03-2012, 11:58
Last Post: 1000 CAMELS
  Foxtel commentators/Tony Shaw Bornfor3121 40 2,004 10-03-2012, 23:53
Last Post: Broadsword
  Foxtel Cup duncan 0 341 26-03-2011, 17:52
Last Post: duncan
  Foxtel To Be Allowed To Bid For Better Games thebigricho 27 722 10-11-2010, 13:56
Last Post: Gracie
  Breaking News - Foxtel Deal Reached Younginator 58 2,732 12-02-2007, 14:33
Last Post: RichardMEL
  Foxtel back in the picture seenitall 25 1,283 22-01-2007, 17:28
Last Post: RichardMEL
  Foxtel expected to cover AFL live seenitall 0 876 17-02-2006, 15:20
Last Post: seenitall
  Seven punts on C7 row, despite Foxtel talk seenitall 3 629 12-01-2006, 09:35
Last Post: chris88