Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2013 Player Countdown
An Invitation

This thread last year was sort of like my footy bible when it came to Richmond players and I found it really helpful.

So please for those who don't have a gist on our list or how they've improved over the pre-season anyone is welcome to write a review of a player.

The other thing I found great about this thread last year was added comments from other poster's who had little tidbits that help make up a bigger picture.

Some very awesome people have done in the past. It would be nice to get a number of people’s reviews this year.

Meanwhile I'll see what I can do for poor Ben Darrou who has no advocate unless someone steps up and represents this player. How is it people had 2nd picks without him being taken? Boy I'm going to look stupid if he's gone home or something...

Hope the reviews cover as many players as possible. I just don't know enough about all players to keep it going on my own.

Here is the playing list by jumper number:

1. Chris Newman
2. Dylan Grimes
3. Brett Deledio
4. Dustin Martin
5. Brandon Ellis
6. Shaun Grigg
7. Matt Dea
8. Jack Riewoldt
9. Trent Cotchin
10. Shane Edwards
11. Jake Batchelor
12. David Astbury
13. Ricky Petterd
14. Bachar Houli
15. Chris Knights
16. Luke McGuane
18. Alex Rance
20. Ivan Maric
21. Shane Tuck
22. Sam Lonergan
23. Daniel Jackson
24. Ben Griffiths
25. Troy Chaplin
26. Robin Nahas
27. Aaron Edwards
28. Jake King
29. Tyrone Vickery
30. Reece Conca
31. Nick Vlastuin
32. Bradley Helbig
33. Kamdyn McIntosh
34. Liam McBean
35. Matthew White
36. Matthew McDonough
37. Orren Stephenson
38. Steven Morris
39. Tom Derickx
40. Cadeyn Williams
41. Nathan Foley
43. Todd Elton
44. Matthew Arnot
[COLOR="#FFFF00"]45. Brett O'Hanlon
47. [/COLOR]
[COLOR="#FFFF00"]48. Ben Darrou
49. Steven Verrier[/COLOR]
[COLOR="#FFFF00"]50. Gideon Simon [/COLOR]
Okay, Claw.

# 50 Gideon Simon

Gideon may be too small for AFL footy (he can fit into a bedside table, I'm told), but I'm sure he'll give it his all, one page at a time. He is a very shy lad who is very eager to fit in with his team-mates, and further both his learning of the game, and of our society as a whole. I believe he comes from the highlands in PNG, so it must be very tough for him to acclimatise. The Richmond players are already very protective of him, with guys like Rance taking him under his wing.

Dimma wants him to start out as a defensive forward, and become a "tackling machine". He'll spend the year at Coburg, without doubt. He is fairly quick and strong, and quite agile and evasive.

I'm going to enjoy watching him progress this year. He is such a nice fellow that I really do hope he makes some solid ground. As an international rookie we have given up very little to recruit him, so he is worth the risk. He knows footy and takes to it naturally, unlike some of the Irish recruits who struggle to adapt. He represented PNG at the international cup in 2011 or 2012.
Thanks [MENTION=4624]duncan[/MENTION] appreciate this.

Next it's #49 Steven Verrier.

Would someone like to do a preview for Steven?
Claw, post: 1400828 Wrote:Meanwhile I'll see what I can do for poor Ben Darrou who has no advocate unless someone steps up and represents this player. How is it people had 2nd picks without him being taken? Boy I'm going to look stupid if he's gone home or something...

As someone who has retired as an advocate as a mark of respect to Angus Graham I would be happy to contribute something for Darrou or other players not advocated. Someone will just have to tell me who he is first.
If you're committed enough, you can make any story work.

I once told a woman I was Kevin Costner, and it worked because I believed it.
thebigricho, post: 1400855 Wrote:As someone who has retired as an advocate as a mark of respect to Angus Graham I would be happy to contribute something for Darrou or other players not advocated. Someone will just have to tell me who is first.

Proud of ya TBR
If you told me you didn't miss me, I would more than likely call you a liar and walk away. Then, umm, find some place to get some ice cream to replenish the innocence you blackened with your filthy deceits. (I like strawberry).
thebigricho, post: 1400855 Wrote:As someone who has retired as an advocate as a mark of respect to Angus Graham I would be happy to contribute something for Darrou or other players not advocated. Someone will just have to tell me who he is first.
You'll have to wait for a write up on Verrier.

If you're serious then advocate for Darrou and I'll give you the write up I've just finished on him.
Claw, post: 1400861 Wrote:You'll have to wait for a write up on Verrier.

If you're serious then advocate for Darrou and I'll give you the write up I've just finished on him.

No I won't be advocating for anyone again, my advocacy has an intensity that others find unsettling.

If you have written up Darrou then problem solved.

thebigricho, post: 1400864 Wrote:No I won't be advocating for anyone again, my advocacy has an intensity that others find unsettling.

If you have written up Darrou then problem solved.

He stills needs an advocate. Who cares if it's unsettling. Don't you see the odd Coburg game? You would be ideal and think about once he breaks into the 22.
Claw, post: 1400867 Wrote:He stills needs an advocate. Who cares if it's unsettling. Don't you see the odd Coburg game? You would be ideal and think about once he breaks into the 22.

Trust me, not a good idea. :censored:

TBRs right. Darrou doesn't need that sort of pressure.
2013 advocate for Nick "the Destroyer" Vlastuin (Floss-tone) aka "Tigger" AND Kamdyn "the name" McIntosh.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  2019 Player Countdown Gracie 28 416 Yesterday, 09:46
Last Post: Gracie
  2014 Player Countdown Jools 280 10,766 25-03-2014, 12:16
Last Post: Gimme
  Player Sponsorship 2013 iwannabearichoman 4 375 24-01-2013, 18:47
Last Post: Vosstiger
  Drop that player! Develop that player! Claw 128 3,332 12-04-2012, 20:02
Last Post: Claw
  2012 Player Countdown Lisa 559 17,179 28-03-2012, 22:38
Last Post: Gimme
  2012 Player Sponsorship - 1st Player Ned 21 935 01-02-2012, 13:13
Last Post: Ned
  2011 Player Countdown RichardMEL 649 21,062 27-03-2011, 06:59
Last Post: Broadsword
  2010 Player Countdown RichardMEL 467 23,065 24-03-2010, 17:38
Last Post: Jools
  2009 Player Countdown RichardMEL 741 32,218 26-03-2009, 17:13
Last Post: JT Tigers Fan
  Countdown to December 13 - rookie and pre-season draft chris88 65 3,642 12-12-2005, 11:01
Last Post: ceehook