Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Failed Login Notification on Yellow and Black
Hi Ned,

Can't figure out how to stop the system sending me emails, there's nothing in settings (from what I can see anyway) and I haven't changed anything since the transfer of the site. I believe I am the only one Sad All I did was change my password:

Every hour or twice an hour, I receive this email below, the only way I can stop it is if I put a dud email but then I don't have permission to use the site, would like your help on this:

Dear justmike,

Someone has tried to log into your account on Yellow and Black with an incorrect password at least 5 times. This person has been prevented from attempting to login to your account for the next 15 minutes.

The person trying to log into your account had the following IP address: ...

All the best,
Yellow and Black
Is the IP address that it's reporting yours? If not, please PM it to me.

Other than that, I'm scratching my head. I'll have another look at your settings to see if there's anything I can detect.
Cheers!

Please don’t PM me with help issues as I won’t respond. Use the Help & Suggestions Forum.
2018 - Fighting Tiger Fund Patron
2018 - Official Richmond Cheer Squad Member
Yeah, the IP address is wherever I am using the site. Right now, it's the IP address at work.

If I am using the site at home, it will be the IP address at home.

Thanks Ned!
Did you leave a half eaten steak on your keyboard Mikey?
Vines, post: 1398807 Wrote:Did you leave a half eaten steak on your keyboard Mikey?

I did, and I think the mushroom sauce has invaded Y&B.

Considering no one else has this issue, it must be the steak. Who else leaves their steak lying around on their keyboard? Just Mike! Smile
Not sure if this helps Ned, but if I don't post on the site, I don't receive an email.

If I use the site, it will start to send the emails again.

Which could indicate maybe a dupe account in the database or something? Or maybe my account is in limbo in the server.
I've truncated the table that contains the strikes info. Fingers are crossed!
Cheers!

Please don’t PM me with help issues as I won’t respond. Use the Help & Suggestions Forum.
2018 - Fighting Tiger Fund Patron
2018 - Official Richmond Cheer Squad Member
Have you tried turning it off and on again [MENTION=4869]justmike[/MENTION]?
If you're committed enough, you can make any story work.

I once told a woman I was Kevin Costner, and it worked because I believed it.
Ned, post: 1398832 Wrote:I've truncated the table that contains the strikes info. Fingers are crossed!

Damn, just got another one at 4:52 PM!! :poop:

thebigricho, post: 1398840 Wrote:Have you tried turning it off and on again [MENTION=4869]justmike[/MENTION]?

:rugby:
Another piece to this:

If I input my password wrong once, it says I have entered my password wrong 5 times and have to wait 15 minutes.

Emails continue to come in. I did join the Xeno forums, but you have to have a license to post questions there in support.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  This is the new home of Yellow and Black Online Ned 26 2,454 19-12-2018, 22:24
Last Post: Vosstiger