Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2013 NAB Cup for Brisbane fans
Hi Queensland

Im a big tiger fan from down south who has just moved to Brisbane. I was just putting some feelers out to see if anyone has FOXTEL and wouldnt mind having a fellow tiger fan over to watch and have a few beers. If not is there any places in Brisbane that is good for AFL? Both NAB CUP and Season games?

Cheers
Jake
Jake , have we got the place for you.
The QRSG meet at the Lord Stanley hotel in East Brisbane for virtually everygame, starting this Friday for our first NAB cup game.
If you cant make it to the Lord on Friday , you can come any other time RFC play and there will be plenty of tigers cheering!
Check us out on Facebook for more info. Qld. Richmond Supporters Club.
PM me if you need more info.
Cheers Paul aka Pirate.
Jake , dont forget games start an hour earlier up here till the end of daylight saving. eg this weeks game starts at 5.45pm.
So dont be late!!!!
Pirate, post: 466295, member: 381 Wrote:Jake , dont forget games start an hour earlier up here till the end of daylight saving. eg this weeks game starts at 5.45pm.
So dont be late!!!!

Thanks mate. How many people do you usually get to each game? Do you just watch it in a sports bar?
5 to 10 usually , in the main bar inside. For special events we go upstairs. You wont miss us, its usually a sea of Yand B. (slight exaggeration)
Pirate, post: 466254, member: 381 Wrote:Jake , have we got the place for you.
The QRSG meet at the Lord Stanley hotel in East Brisbane for virtually everygame, starting this Friday for our first NAB cup game.
If you cant make it to the Lord on Friday , you can come any other time RFC play and there will be plenty of tigers cheering!
Check us out on Facebook for more info. Qld. Richmond Supporters Club.
PM me if you need more info.
Cheers Paul aka Pirate.

I'm pretty sure he was hoping to come around to your house....
"Ridicule is the only weapon that can be used against unintelligiable propositions." Thomas Jefferson
Whats the point, Pirate willl be at the pub dropping stubbies like Hansie Cronje dropped catches! Besides, great atmosphere at the lord and the QRSG are a great bunch to watch the tigers play with.
KICKING GOALS IN 2013 WITH
JACK RIEWOLDT
I AM FROM TIGERLAND . . . . . PUNT ROAD IS MY HOME!
Whats the point, Pirate willl be at the pub dropping stubbies like Hansie Cronje dropped catches! Besides, great atmosphere at the lord and the QRSG are a great bunch to watch the tigers play with.
KICKING GOALS IN 2013 WITH
JACK RIEWOLDT
I AM FROM TIGERLAND . . . . . PUNT ROAD IS MY HOME!
Be careful you don't get shanghaied Welchy, he is a pirate.......Big Grin
No.8 Dick Clay 213g(1966-76), Michael Roach 200g 607goals(1977-89), Alan Geddes 182g 1925-43), Robert Carew 45g(1919-22), Jack Riewoldt 225*g 537*goals(2007-)
Welchy survived , despite early scares with the Lords footy coverage. Great to see him and the other faithfuls who turned up to enjoy a very encouraging start to the season.
Building up to the season proper , against Carlscum . Cant wait.
Cheers Pirate
PS great to see Paul Smeaton make the big effort to see the game. Well done Paul.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  RFC v Brisbane Round 20 , 2013 Pirate 0 714 09-08-2013, 17:51
Last Post: Pirate
  In Brisbane, RFC v Weagles rd 10 2013 Pirate 0 653 01-06-2013, 09:34
  Dreamtime 2013 in Brisbane Pirate 0 728 21-05-2013, 09:42
  NAB Cup 2012 for those in Queensland Pirate 8 1,042 29-02-2012, 17:24