Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ACT Supporters Group
[MENTION=6437]Egg[/MENTION], my daughter's partner is a passionate tiger, and they have recently moved to Cbr for work. He told me he has "joined": the Capital Tigers and was going to the match today.

Should have sent this BEFORE the game, i know. ANyhow, good chance that I will be in CBR for the GCS game, and we will both put in an appearance at the Hellenic.

See you then!
-=2016 Advocate for "The Shed"=-
-=2017 Advocate for Ivan (MkII) Soldo=-

______________________Au MRC FTF
BigTigerCasey, post: 1414721 Wrote:[MENTION=6437]Egg[/MENTION], my daughter's partner is a passionate tiger, and they have recently moved to Cbr for work. He told me he has "joined": the Capital Tigers and was going to the match today.

Should have sent this BEFORE the game, i know. ANyhow, good chance that I will be in CBR for the GCS game, and we will both put in an appearance at the Hellenic.

See you then!
Excellent. More reason to be there. I was there today, had a nice feed and picked up my foundation member polo. That's two new polo's for two good wins. I hear the club is going to install even bigger TVs. Today, there were five largish ones. All very civilised.

Worth noting that one of our members won the club's prize in the Interstate Race to 2000. Nice that one of our new ACT members won when the odds would have favoured a NSW member. Apparently she thought it was some sort of sham phone call until hubby recognised the name as a real Richmond person! She had no idea about the promotion.
Now then now then now now then now now then then now now then. Now then!
The supporters group has organised a trip to the SCG for the Swans game. A nice bus trip down and back plus a function with the Sydney supporters group. The only smudge on the horizon is that several RFC members want to transfer one of their home game entitlements to an away ticket. This has been offered to us by the club in the past. It seems now that only Interstate 5 members are allowed this option. Several of us assumed that it was a standard option for interstate members as long as they had ticketed membership.

With the change to ticketing memberships that previously were non-ticketed (presumably to allow these members to be counted) it seems the club didn't think about this as it wasn't clear at all in the membership renewals. I can see now on the club site that the entitlement is not there but this easy-to-read web page was not there before.

I'm hoping the club can show some flexibility here for us long-standing members who have seriously under-utilised their memberships in the past. We are taking it up with the membership department. Fingers crossed.

I personally would be happy to cash in all 3 game entitlements just for this one game. The only other chance I had to see the team this year was coinciding with a work trip. Unfortunately it is now scheduled for the week when we play in Cairns!
Off to Sydney for the game today. If anyone from Sydney is going to the pre-game function, we Capital Tigers will be there. The club gave us all the tickets we asked for but charged for some of them. I still think all members should be able to swap games no matter how many we are entitled to!

Anyway, hoping for a win. My own record is pretty good but I haven't seen a game in Sydney since 1982, when we overcame a big first-quarter deficit to win strongly.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bendigo Richmond Supporters' Group INC Gimme 7 2,582 17-03-2014, 16:58
Last Post: Gimme
  2010 Agm for Queensland Supporters Group Pirate 6 1,029 28-11-2010, 10:24
Last Post: SouthernStand
  Hobart Richmond Supporters Group 1980 Grand Final Night Flawed 37 2,617 16-11-2010, 09:06
Last Post: RROFO
  Sydney Tigers Supporters Group V Collingwood Sydney Supporters Season Opening timbo 3 1,089 25-02-2010, 23:08
Last Post: Gimme
  For supporters in Sydney Gracie 2 2,277 08-08-2007, 19:03
Last Post: sydtiger