Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ACT Supporters Group
Jase30, post: 465402, member: 1274 Wrote:Just sitting on the fence were you Egg?
I'm shattered you would think so.
Now then now then now now then now now then then now now then. Now then!
Egg, post: 465403, member: 1821 Wrote:I'm shattered you would think so.

[:-bonc01]

Can't beat a good Egg, joke!
Proud advocate of the two Tiger hardnuts, Dusty 'Dont Argue" Martin and Brad 'The Wrath of' Helbig
Hey Egg,
did you spread the word about the existence and "nature" of our site?
duncan, post: 465411, member: 6 Wrote:Hey Egg,
did you spread the word about the existence and "nature" of our site?
Not last night, no real chance. I will 'though, more one on one when I get to know them.

There was mention of twitter but none of the more, in my opinion, valuable information sources that forums like this offer. If anyone talks about another group, I plan to say something like "if you think that is a good forum, you should try Y&B"
I just formalised my membership of the group. Today they enabled on-line membership for RFC members (ie those that don't need to pay to join) so I encourage any Canberra-based RFC members to log their info with the group. http://www.capitaltigers.com.au/rsg/membersignup.shtml

El Presidente Darren Crick (who got a mention in the latest podcast) tells me that "Very soon we will be announcing our Footy Tipping and Fantasy Football Competitions. Both have a very good first prize". The web site is at http://www.capitaltigers.com.au/
Some good advocacy goin' on here, Egg!!
-=2016 Advocate for "The Shed"=-
-=2017 Advocate for Ivan (MkII) Soldo=-

______________________Au MRC FTF
Any Canberra-based supporters should consider watching today's game with the group. Kevin (always a Tiger at heart) Sheedy will be there! I will be there (large, egg-shaped character)! 1:00 at the Civic Hellenic Club. Go Tiges!
Kevin Sheedy was there and brought ten or so copies of his book to sell. I was crook as a dog so imposed a quarantine on myself and didn't approach the great man but I wanted to ask him what he thought of our current plumber. I see some similarities, not least in the area of left-field intelligence. As it turns out another person (our President Darren) asked him about Jake and sent me this:

"Kevin said he told tigers recruiters that if they didnt pick Jake he would... he did say he is suited to tigerland and knew that at the time. I really think Kevin see's alot in him and I do believe Kevin has a soft spot for the tiges still. When Sean and I went to the GWS family day to chat with Sheeds about coming to see us, I was wearing an RFC shirt. Among GWS shirts he picked me out took a couple of paces and stuck his hand out saying Tiges... and we were in!"

Darren is arranging for Sheeds to sign more copies and the supporters group will sell them for $50 each. The paperback sells for $30. I'm not sure if these are hard back (they looked like it from a distance). I don't know what Sheeds is changing the group for them but I'm pretty sure any markup will find its way to RFC's coffers. I'm getting one.
I got a funny story about Sheeds. About 5 years ago a cousin of mine saw him in Bunnings and thought he would go and say g'day (never met each other mind you).

They ended up having a good chin wag, and my cousin mentioned that they had a mutual friend. Sheeds pulls out his phone and calls the bloke, tells him that he is standing in Bunnings with my cousin etc...). They chatted for about an hour.
Proud advocate of the two Tiger hardnuts, Dusty 'Dont Argue" Martin and Brad 'The Wrath of' Helbig
I just received an email with a new initiative for those who want a little bloodletting and even for those who feel sanguine about these things.

The Capital Tigers Secretary, Sean Gourlay has set up with the Red Cross a Richmond Supporter Group Challenge for donating Blood. If you can please get involved and if you want to register yourself with the ACT group, I'm sure they won't mind.

(We have also challenged the other supporters groups and the RFC staff to get involved as well.)

----- Original Message -----
Subject: Club Red - Richmond Footy Club Supporters Groups

Hi Everyone,

Recently i made contact with the Red Cross about setting up a challenge between the supporters groups. This has been made possible through their Club Red program. Club Red enables organisations to donate together and to keep a tally of the number of donations.

What I am proposing is a challenge between each of the Supporters groups to see which group can donate the most amount.

I have been in contact with the Red Cross and they are very happy to have the "Richmond Footy Club Supporters Group' Challenge. This can be found at the Club Red website http://www.donateblood.com.au/who-can-give/club-red

I am hoping that you will all spread the word and get people to join. You may have members who are already donors, which is great. Hopefully through this the Red Cross may get a few new donors.

It is also possible for me to put each supporters group area on the website so that we know where the donations are coming from. The number of donations can be found at the following page
http://www.donateblood.com.au/who-can-gi...up_id=6502

If any of your members wish to join they can do so via the following link:

http://www.donateblood.com.au/who-can-gi...join-group

If any one has any questions don't hesitate to get into contact with me.

Good Luck and Happy Donating

PS - If I have missed any groups, please accept my apologies. Let me know and I will pass on the information to them.
--

Sean Gourlay - Secretary
Capital Tigers ( ACT Richmond Supporters Group)

[email protected]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bendigo Richmond Supporters' Group INC Gimme 7 2,582 17-03-2014, 16:58
Last Post: Gimme
  2010 Agm for Queensland Supporters Group Pirate 6 1,029 28-11-2010, 10:24
Last Post: SouthernStand
  Hobart Richmond Supporters Group 1980 Grand Final Night Flawed 37 2,617 16-11-2010, 09:06
Last Post: RROFO
  Sydney Tigers Supporters Group V Collingwood Sydney Supporters Season Opening timbo 3 1,089 25-02-2010, 23:08
Last Post: Gimme
  For supporters in Sydney Gracie 2 2,277 08-08-2007, 19:03
Last Post: sydtiger