Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stand-alone VFL Teams
tigerconnors, post: 446815, member: 285 Wrote:Should just let everyone have reserves and go back to the old format anyway
Tightarse AFL
if it's too much just let the interstate teams join their WAFL, SANFL and so on
There was nothing better than getting to the ground early and watching the young stars

Yep, I saw a lot of our top players come through the Twos and, to a lesser extent, the Thirds. Was also great fun trying to pick the future champions. Used to be close enough sometimes to hear Skinny Titus comment on a player which also gave a clue who to keep an eye on. (Skinny always had time to watch the 'kids' and check on their progress under match conditions)
[COLOR=rgb(255, 140, 0)]MY AVATAR: [SIZE=4]1967 WEG tiger[/SIZE][/COLOR]
tigerconnors, post: 446815, member: 285 Wrote:Should just let everyone have reserves and go back to the old format anyway
Tightarse AFL
if it's too much just let the interstate teams join their WAFL, SANFL and so on
There was nothing better than getting to the ground early and watching the young stars
Don't disagree about watching the "ressies" TC but the days of them being played before the seniors at the same ground are over. At best we may be left with the reserves at Punt Rd prior to the seniors playing at the G
If you have built castles in the air, your work need not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them - Henry David Thoreau
4morein74, post: 446837, member: 1245 Wrote:Don't disagree about watching the "ressies" TC but the days of them being played before the seniors at the same ground are over. At best we may be left with the reserves at Punt Rd prior to the seniors playing at the G

No problem with that
They still stay in vfl just each team has their own reserves
It helps develop players better and team structures
ADVOCATE OF THE TACKLING AND PRESSURE MACHINE DANIEL RIOLI
I'd like to see a bit of creativity with it.. why not the odd curtain raiser? Say before a twilight game on Sunday?
I've heard it said that the stand alone's have no interest in the VFL comp being mainly concerned with getting a good feeder into the AFL. Well Geelong has put paid to that theory. They have developed for their AFL side and remained in the race for the VFL GF. Richmond take note!
thebigricho, post: 446763, member: 367 Wrote:Haven't they made a profit for about 8 years in a row?

Pretty good operator is Simon Garlick.

He is a good operator and nearly was a tiger,played some reserve games for us,as a supplementary player,and footscray rook him before our pick at the draft,and l think we ended up with merenda.

It will be great watching some tiger matches at punt road,even if they are reserve grade.
searching for players-for mass premiershipsBig Grin
colossus, post: 447296, member: 1227 Wrote:It will be great watching some tiger matches at punt road,even if they are reserve grade.

As long as they are wearing Yellow and Black I'm not fussed what grade the match is. In fact I get quite excited watching the kids in the RFC jumpers playing Auskick at half time at the G. [:-thumbu]
2013 advocate for Nick "the Destroyer" Vlastuin (Floss-tone) aka "Tigger" AND Kamdyn "the name" McIntosh.
Re: Richmond VFL Captain 2014

I imagine their is a salary cap for your VFL only players. Anyone know the rules as far as this is concerned?
Advocate of the next RFC premiership team

I floated much the same question when it was first mooted that we go stand-alone.

Never got an answer.

Maybe RFC_Official might know.
[COLOR=rgb(255, 140, 0)]MY AVATAR: [SIZE=4]1967 WEG tiger[/SIZE][/COLOR]

Nope no salary cap in VFL. No need, there is more cash in the country leagues.
"Ridicule is the only weapon that can be used against unintelligiable propositions." Thomas Jefferson