Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bendigo Richmond Supporters' Group INC
The BRSGI run a bus to the Tiger games in Melbourne.

The bus will be going down to the Round 3 game tomorrow and leaves Bendigo at 10:30am, stopping on the way at Harcourt and Kyneton to pick up passengers. Bus fare is $24 for group members (membership is $10 annually) or $28 for non-members. Passengers are dropped off right outside the G and picked up there after the game for the return trip.

There are still some empty seats on the bus. Contact Sue on 5447 0472 or 0418 533 855. Sorry for this late notice but I didn't get this news until this morning due to a glitch with my server. I have travelled down on this bus in the past and it's a great way to get to and from the game with a bunch of like-minded Tiger people. Plus there is not the hassle of driving or trying to find a parking spot - nor the problem of being breathalysed on the way home.

There is also a meeting next Tuesday (April 17) at the Golden Square Hotel in High St, Golden Square at 7:30pm. Meals are available from 6:30pm and Sue should be contacted by next Monday if anyone is coming for a meal as she is required to book how many are expected to dine there.
[COLOR=rgb(255, 140, 0)]MY AVATAR: [SIZE=4]1967 WEG tiger[/SIZE][/COLOR]
Gimme, post: 414421, member: 845 Wrote:Plus there is not the hassle of driving or trying to find a parking spot - nor the problem of being breathalysed on the way home.

TBR is worried about being breathalysed on the way to the game...
"Ridicule is the only weapon that can be used against unintelligiable propositions." Thomas Jefferson
Breathalysers are a worry at any time. I object to the potential exposure to harmful radiation they may or may not emit and therefore refuse to use them and call for them to be banned.

But I digress, thanks for that Gimme, what is the attitude towards hydration on the bus on these trips?
If you're committed enough, you can make any story work.

I once told a woman I was Kevin Costner, and it worked because I believed it.
To hire a normal bus to go to a game, it requires a minimum of 20 passengers otherwise the Group is out of pocket.

Because of this for the Freo game the Bendigo Supporters Group are thinking of booking a self-drive 12 seater.

There are already 5 seats accounted for so there are 7 vacancies left. If anyone is thinking of going down with the Group could they please let me know before this Friday and I will pass it on to the president.
It would be great if we could get a few more members to come along to this big game.

Details are: Richmond v/s North Melbourne. Sunday July 22nd. 3.15pm start.

Bus or buses will depart from Foundry Arms at 12.15pm. Stopping at Roadhouse Diggers Rest on the way. Looking at being back in Bendigo 8.30pm/9pm

We will run at least one 12 seater with a possibility of taking a second bus. The decision on the second bus will be made by 4.30pm Monday 16th July. If you want to go please let me know preferably by Friday of this week - or by the following Monday morning at the latest. Wewould need a minimum of 18 confirmed by the deadline to entertain booking the second bus so get in early, otherwise you could miss out. First 12 booked assured of going.

We now have the jumper raffle underway. I have attached a photo. Tickets are $2 each or 3 for $5.

[attachment=o2126]
Message received today from Bendigo Supporters' Group Prez, Tony:

Hello all,

Just a last minute reminder about our social night - tonight at the Welcome Stranger Motel.

Rather than sit at home on your own swearing at the TV when the Tigers make mistakes (hopefully not too many) come out with the group and swear in unison!

This is really our only organised gathering for the season so it would be great to see a good role up of members and friends.
Starts 7pm $10 ea. BYO DRINKS. Pizzas at half time included.

Our framed and signed jumper on display and plenty of tickets for sale.

Also we look like sharing a coach sized bus with the Essendon group when we play the Bulldogs in a fortnight. We will be delivered to the G and the Bomber supporters will then be taken to Etihad. We will be collected first then go via Docklands to pick up our Allies. To travel in comfort we do need to make an effort to get a better role up then we have had on our last three trips to justify the cost. Let Sue know as soon as you can if you are intending to go. At this stage do not have departure time. It is a Sunday Afternoon fixture.
regards,

Tony
(President)
This is the latest update from the Bendigo Richmond Supporters' Group Inc:

Reminder to all that this Friday night's game v/s St Kilda is in fact a shared home game and a bus is going. If you want to go at the last minute ring Sue ASAP. [[COLOR="#FF8C00"]better still contact Gimme[/COLOR]]

The following week's game is against the Bulldogs at Ettihad so those wanting to go will need to use the train even though it is a Richmond home game.

The following week-Saturday 20th April is a day game v/s Collingwood. Please let Sue know early if you are going as we would need to make a decision re bus size etc. Also if you do not have a reserved seat I would advise you to get in early through Ticketek and purchase one. Otherwise you will be sitting on the top deck with the sea gulls.

Finally our next meeting is scheduled for Tuesday April 16th at the Golden Square Hotel. Meals at 6.30pm with meeting commencing 7.30pm. If coming for a meal please let me know.

regards,

Tony Plant
(PRESIDENT)
A bus has been organised to go down for the Carlton-Richmond game on Thursday 27th March. For bookings and details of cost and pick-up time please contact Gimme by PM or email. Be quick as seats are filling fast.

Go Tigers!

regards,

Michael Beacom

Gimme says: Sorry, this is such short notice. My fault, should have posted this earlier.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ACT Supporters Group Egg 23 2,803 28-07-2013, 10:13
Last Post: Egg
  2010 Agm for Queensland Supporters Group Pirate 6 1,029 28-11-2010, 10:24
Last Post: SouthernStand
  Hobart Richmond Supporters Group 1980 Grand Final Night Flawed 37 2,617 16-11-2010, 09:06
Last Post: RROFO
  Sydney Tigers Supporters Group V Collingwood Sydney Supporters Season Opening timbo 3 1,089 25-02-2010, 23:08
Last Post: Gimme
  For supporters in Sydney Gracie 2 2,277 08-08-2007, 19:03
Last Post: sydtiger