Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Off-topic Posting
Hi All,

The off-season is almost over so it's time to rein in the off-topic posts!

While an occasional diversion from the thread topic can be funny or entertaining, it can sometimes be at a detriment to the thread and topic discussion itself.

During the off-season, we need to be entertained as there is often not much to discuss (footy wise), so the Coaching Panel are usually more lenient when it comes to allowing off-topic posts. This is just a heads up, that as the season is nigh, we will be looking more closely at off-topic posts and will move or delete any excessive, unnecessary or irrelevant off-topic posts.

We don't want to take away any enjoyment, or sense of community from Yellow and Black and encourage members to post in the Official Off-Topic thread, or if you have an idea, wish to discuss a new topic, or go on a tangent then start a new thread for that discussion.

As this is just a heads up notice for the members, i will close this thread.

Cheers
Lisa

Go Tiges! Smile
"I think Australians are big-hearted and open-minded people, and embracing same-sex marriage is just a logical extension of who we are. I can't wait to celebrate the weddings of ALL my friends in the coming years. It's time." Rachael Taylor

Proud Co-Advocate of Reece Conca and Tyrone Vickery in 2013
A bump on this thread, with there being quite a bit of off topic posting at times, don't be surprised to find posts disappear sometimes without a PM to advise, due to time constraints.

Posts with just smilies or very short messages are vulnerable in this context.
No.8 Dick Clay 213g(1966-76), Michael Roach 200g 607goals(1977-89), Alan Geddes 182g 1925-43), Robert Carew 45g(1919-22), Jack Riewoldt 225*g 537*goals(2007-)
Just a quick addition to Crusher's post.

Instead of responding to a post with just a smiley, it is much more beneficial to the poster to click on the "Like" button if you agree or like what they've posted. If nothing else, it's good "netiquette" and it'll save people's time viewing what they think are "New" posts in a thread only to find that it's a smiley.
Cheers!

Please don’t PM me with help issues as I won’t respond. Use the Help & Suggestions Forum.
2018 - Fighting Tiger Fund Patron
2018 - Official Richmond Cheer Squad Member

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A word or two about off-topic posting duncan 1 3,965 26-10-2008, 08:55
Last Post: duncan
  Careful re-posting articles Forbesy 8 1,425 16-10-2008, 20:39
Last Post: justmike
  Posting News Ned 36 2,680 14-04-2006, 01:58
Last Post: seenitall