Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Knights To Guide Vfl Cats
Former Essendon coach Matthew Knights will guide Geelong’s VFL team in 2012 after accepting the role with the Cats.
Knights has coached at AFL, VFL and SANFL level. He led Essendon for three seasons after stints with Bendigo and Port Adelaide Magpies. Knights led the Bombers to the finals in 2009 and was responsible for giving opportunities to many young players.

“Matthew has done an exceptional job in his coaching career in working and developing young players, and we are fortunate that he can bring that experience and expertise to Geelong,” Cats coach Chris Scott said.

“He has coached successfully at VFL level, both in terms of taking his club to the finals but more importantly in developing players to make the step up to AFL level. We are really happy to add Matthew to our coaching staff and I am sure that our players will benefit from his teaching ability and football acumen.”

[url="http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/6301/newsid/125633/default.aspx"]Read the Full Article[/url]
Cheers!

Please don’t PM me with help issues as I won’t respond. Use the Help & Suggestions Forum.
2018 - Fighting Tiger Fund Patron
2018 - Official Richmond Cheer Squad Member
I thought we might have grabbed him.
[COLOR=rgb(255, 140, 0)]MY AVATAR: [SIZE=4]1967 WEG tiger[/SIZE][/COLOR]
Great news.
If you're committed enough, you can make any story work.

I once told a woman I was Kevin Costner, and it worked because I believed it.
Best of luck to him. Was treated incredibly unfairly in his last year at Essendon.
2013 Player Advocate of Reece Conca and Tyrone Vickery
Dame Nellie Melba, post: 390520 Wrote:Great news.

You are taking those Zen workshops far too seriously!

"said the actress to Da Vicar!"
I guess there'd be some complicated emotions around if he came in under Dimma.
Good luck, Knighter. Guess I'll have to change my avatar.
Very disappointed that M.Knights is not the development coach for R.Conca and the likes , but at the same time " GO KNIGHTER" ................................i WISH YOU THE BEST & FAIREST..Wink

The Tiger Army needs 75,000 [U]members[/U] to rule the AFL jungle...
66,245 are on the prowl.......WAKE UP, FIRE UP and JOIN UP NOW !!!!
Eat em alive TIGERS!!!
Why change your avatar if you're ok with the service that MK33 gave to Richmond, Dusk?

There's still plenty of time for him to come across to us and meanwhile he's honing his craft.

One of my faves was Knighter.
Gimme, post: 390525 Wrote:Why change your avatar if you're ok with the service that MK33 gave to Richmond, Dusk?

There's still plenty of time for him to come across to us and meanwhile he's honing his craft.

One of my faves was Knighter.

He was one of my faves too, Gimme.. up there with Disco, Flea, Lee and Free for me. And, while I never had a chance to meet him or hear too much about him outside of what he did on the field, I always thought he was a proud, talented and committed leader who really copped a beating over the last few years and was let down by those around him.

Anyway.. I guess I got caught up in all the changing of avatars and logos that has been going on lately. Tongue
New year, new avatar, I think. I'll have to work on it.

tiger74, wouldn't it be great if Conca picked up a few tricks from Knights? I can't wait to see how he goes this year.
Bit of poetry there, Dusk: Disco, Flea, Lee and Free for me. . . Wink

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tigers in the News Cal Twomey's Phantom Form Guide: September Ned 2 340 15-11-2018, 16:38
Last Post: Vines
  Six Pointers: Your guide to AFL round one Ned 0 199 28-03-2017, 20:43
Last Post: Ned
  AFL Record Season Guide 2012 Gimme 4 775 21-02-2012, 22:34
Last Post: Ned
  Matty Knights sacked RichardMEL 29 1,155 31-08-2010, 21:49
Last Post: RROFO
  Essendon coach Matthew Knights to pull on the boots RROFO 1 426 24-02-2009, 20:40
Last Post: QuotheRaven
  Knights Gracie 20 1,306 15-05-2008, 14:32
Last Post: Gimme
  Knights aims to put buzz into Bendigo's Bombers jezza 1 704 03-04-2005, 19:55
Last Post: tiger74