Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The 2010 Trade Thread
This thread is to be used for discussing players from other clubs who may or may not be coming onto the market. Discussion may include their footballing desirability, and their trade value. Rumours and gossip are certainly permitted, because the build up to the trade period is the peak period for rumours.

As a starter, on "AFL teams" last night, David Parkin said that Salopek was finished at Port, and was seeking a trade back to a Melbourne club.

On another thread, someone brought up that they'd heard Chris Knights was planning a return to Melbourne.
Some players I wouldn't mind us taking a look at:

Chris Knights
Bachar Houli
Justin Sherman
Clinton Young
Hamish McIntosh
Sam Jacobs
Shaun Hampson
Rhys Stanley
Ben McEvoy
Angus Monfries
Nathan Brown
Michael Rischitelli
Nathan Djerrkura
Simon Hogan
Travis Varcoe
Jarryd Morton
Lindsay Thomas
Robert Eddy
Patrick Veszpremi
Luke Shuey
Ashley Smith
Josh Hill
Brennan Stack
Justin Sherman could be worth a look at

[COLOR=rgb(255, 255, 255)] [/COLOR] THOSE MIGHTY TIGERS !
Pretty good list dean.

The highlighted players, I highly doubt will leave their current clubs.

dean_#00 Wrote:Some players I wouldn't mind us taking a look at:

Chris Knights
Bachar Houli
Justin Sherman
Clinton Young
Hamish McIntosh
Sam Jacobs
Shaun Hampson
Rhys Stanley
Ben McEvoy
Angus Monfries

Nathan Brown
Michael Rischitelli
Nathan Djerrkura
Simon Hogan
Travis Varcoe
Jarryd Morton
Lindsay Thomas
Robert Eddy
Patrick Veszpremi
Luke Shuey
Ashley Smith
Josh Hill
Brennan Stack

Chris Knights, would be my number 1 target. Fills a list need. Goal kicking, high half-forward/wingmen.
"I think Australians are big-hearted and open-minded people, and embracing same-sex marriage is just a logical extension of who we are. I can't wait to celebrate the weddings of ALL my friends in the coming years. It's time." Rachael Taylor

Proud Co-Advocate of Reece Conca and Tyrone Vickery in 2013
Lisa Wrote:Pretty good list dean.

The highlighted players, I highly doubt will leave their current clubs.

Chris Knights, would be my number 1 target. Fills a list need. Goal kicking, high half-forward/wingmen.
I agree with that. Who would have thought Juddy would leave the eagles though?
Well, he had the go home factor so I thought it was a possibility. Guys like Monfries and Varcoe etc that are already in Vic based teams best 22's, I just can't see leaving that club for us, unless they are really hating it at that club.

Players like Houli, Brown, Morton etc though could do it for more game time.
"I think Australians are big-hearted and open-minded people, and embracing same-sex marriage is just a logical extension of who we are. I can't wait to celebrate the weddings of ALL my friends in the coming years. It's time." Rachael Taylor

dean_#00 Wrote:Some players I wouldn't mind us taking a look at:
Rhys Stanley
Ben McEvoy
I think Ben McEvoy and Rhys Stanley recently extended their contracts at St.Kilda just a little while ago. Doesn't mean they can't be traded I know but it would be very unlikely either player would leave a premiership contender in the Saints just after re-signing.
I like many others, would like us to push hard for Chris Knights. I rate him as a player and we may be able to obtain him relatively cheply, especially since the value of draft picks is slightly diminished this year.
2013 Player Advocate of Reece Conca and Tyrone Vickery
fightingfury Wrote:I like many others, would like us to push hard for Chris Knights.
And give him the number 33 guernsey Smile

[COLOR=rgb(255, 255, 255)] [/COLOR] THOSE MIGHTY TIGERS !
black Wrote:And give him the number 33 guernsey Smile
I'm sure David Gourdis won't mind.Big Grin
2013 Player Advocate of Reece Conca and Tyrone Vickery
fightingfury Wrote:I think Ben McEvoy and Rhys Stanley recently extended their contracts at St.Kilda just a little while ago. Doesn't mean they can't be traded I know but it would be very unlikely either player would leave a premiership contender in the Saints just after re-signing.
I like many others, would like us to push hard for Chris Knights. I rate him as a player and we may be able to obtain him relatively cheply, especially since the value of draft picks is slightly diminished this year.

Also the fact that he has barely got on the park this year, his value would be slightly less than after last years stellar season.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  2012 List Management thread (including trade and free agency talk) Dmactiger 4,279 146,841 24-01-2013, 13:23
Last Post: Anduril
  The 2010 Draft Thread tiger 76 1,373 84,847 30-11-2010, 20:45
Last Post: seenitall
  The trade poll thread duncan 20 1,836 12-10-2010, 15:08
Last Post: justmike
  The TRADE THREAD RichardMEL 1,908 89,395 16-10-2009, 18:52
Last Post: duncan
  2010 Coaching Thread - Hardwick is chosen (merged from other threads) RROFO 2,322 88,861 01-09-2009, 13:25
Last Post: seenitall