Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The List Management (Delistings) Thread
I know we all want to be loyal to those wearing the Y&B, but the harsh reality is that those in the Footy department have already started to do what members of this site have been doing on other threads - thinking about who will stay and who will go.

I thought it would be an interesting exercise to see how people on here assess each player on the list and how those assessments change across the course of the season.

I think generally speaking the list needs to be defined in 5 areas:

Untouchable

Core players

Need more time

Potential Trade

Delist

The thread could also include discussion about the types of players needed through draft or trade to fill holes in the list.
If you're committed enough, you can make any story work.

I once told a woman I was Kevin Costner, and it worked because I believed it.
Re: The List Management Thread

Fabulous Idea. Love it. I don't want to rush this so i will do some research and come back with my answers in due course.

PS. Can i have five years to formulate my thoughts on the list and to develop a plan to improve what we have? Big Grin

I think most of us have an idea about this, however whilst they are all wearing Y&B I personally feel we should try and support them. I am not suggesting blind support, constructive criticism is reasonable, Calling for delistings and trades after round 6 and after copping a hiding is unfair and I will leave that to some of the vultures in the media to speculate on rather than us supporters. I'm not sure the Club has any papers stamped as yet either.

SouthernStand Wrote:I think most of us have an idea about this, however whilst they are all wearing Y&B I personally feel we should try and support them. I am not suggesting blind support, constructive criticism is reasonable, Calling for delistings and trades after round 6 and after copping a hiding is unfair and I will leave that to some of the vultures in the media to speculate on rather than us supporters. I'm not sure the Club has any papers stamped as yet either.

I'm not sure it is calling for delistings and trades, more assessing the list and making predictions on where the footy department will go.

We know that some players will go, that is an AFL rule so I don't see it as unsupportive to speculate.

It's a tough world, AFL, but I do acknowledge this thread won't be to some people's taste, just as the nearest the pin where people tip the other team isn't to mine. [:-thumbu]

Ok I'll kick off with how I see it at this point:

Untouchable
Cotchin
Deledio
Martin
Core players
Connors
Edwards
McGuane
Moore
Morton
Nahas
Nason
Newman
Riewoldt
Tambling
Thursfield
Vickery
Need more time
Astbury
Browne
Collins
Dea
Farmer
Graham
Griffiths
Grimes
Roberts
Taylor
Webberley
Potential Trade
Foley (Trade Only)
Jackson (T.O)
Polak
Polo (T.O)
Tuck
White
Delist/Retire
Cousins
Hislop
King
McMahon
Simmonds
Thomson

I have said trade only on those that I think you would only offer for trade but keep with no interest. Obviously before you delisted anyone you would probably offer them for trade and see if you got a bite, otherwise delist.

I see the core players group as being those who you see being part of the side going forward, but who you would listen to offers for.

The more time could mean until seasons end, 1 year, 2 or longer in the case of big guys.

TBR, I actually think Jack is more of an untradeable player than Cotchin at the moment. I have Lids, Martyn and Jack as my definite untouchables, with Cotchin a 'likeky' untouchable. I may not be popular for saying this, but I have been a little under-whelmed with Cotchin so far, and I do hope it is because he has missed too much footy the last 2 years. He shoiws glimpses of an enourmous talent, but we need more than glimpses.
Proud advocate of the two Tiger hardnuts, Dusty 'Dont Argue" Martin and Brad 'The Wrath of' Helbig

Untouchable (for the next 2 years)
Cotchin
Deledio
Martin
Riewoldt
Jackson
Core players
Astbury

Collins
Edwards
Farmer

Foley
McGuane
Moore
Morton
Nahas
Nason
Newman
Thursfield
Tuck

Vickery
Need more time
Browne
Connors
Dea
Griffiths
Grimes
Hislop

Taylor

Webberley
Trade
Polo
Rance

Tambling
Delist/Retire
Cousins
Graham

King
McMahon
Polak
Simmonds
Thomson
White

Those in orange can be redeemed or fall by the wayside.
(Prospective) Advocate for the 2018 Exhilarator.
Noah Bolta

Related to this , would be the situation with contract lengths
I thought there was a "sticky" thread related to player contracts. (as far as we know)
Do the mods. know if it is still around?

Dustin Martin is the only untouchable I reckon.

[COLOR=rgb(255, 255, 255)] [/COLOR] THOSE MIGHTY TIGERS !

Jase30 Wrote:TBR, I actually think Jack is more of an untradeable player than Cotchin at the moment. I have Lids, Martyn and Jack as my definite untouchables, with Cotchin a 'likeky' untouchable. I may not be popular for saying this, but I have been a little under-whelmed with Cotchin so far, and I do hope it is because he has missed too much footy the last 2 years. He shoiws glimpses of an enourmous talent, but we need more than glimpses.

Yeah fair call Jase. I reckon Cotchin would want to have a pretty solid season by round 22 to regain his untouchable status.

I also think Jack is on the way into that list, but for mine not quite there yet.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  2017 List management Gracie 592 19,533 19-11-2017, 16:12
Last Post: 17Sash
  Every club’s retirements and delistings Ned 0 118 11-08-2017, 16:06
Last Post: Ned
  2018 List Management Thread thebigricho 2 238 06-05-2017, 13:18
Last Post: ceehook
  2016 List Management Thread thebigricho 1,845 67,921 25-12-2016, 09:53
Last Post: Vines
  List management 2014 simmo27 1,101 67,155 17-12-2014, 14:28
Last Post: bagwarn
  The 2013 List Management Thread duncan 2,284 97,015 30-11-2013, 20:44
Last Post: Gimme
  2012 List Management thread (including trade and free agency talk) Dmactiger 4,279 146,841 24-01-2013, 13:23
Last Post: Anduril
  Post trade-period list management October 2011 Cardtrader 268 9,872 04-12-2011, 22:16
Last Post: Jelly Belly Tiger
  2011 List Management Thread thebigricho 1,122 42,290 17-10-2011, 16:36
Last Post: duncan
  The DELISTINGS THREAD tiger74 1,753 68,428 17-09-2009, 19:18
Last Post: RichardMEL