Yellow and Black Online
Coming Soon - Y & B Makeover - Printable Version

+- Yellow and Black Online (https://yellowandblack.com.au)
+-- Forum: Non Football Discussion (https://yellowandblack.com.au/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Site News and Information (https://yellowandblack.com.au/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Coming Soon - Y & B Makeover (/showthread.php?tid=17411)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Coming Soon - Y & B Makeover - Ned - 28-10-2017

While watching the Grand Final replay - so far I've watched it 8 times and counting - I've given some thought to this website and have come to the conclusion that the site needs a new look befitting the reigning Premiership Team (still getting used to that) and:
  • Original content. I've tried this before with very limited success. I'm going to introduce incentives such as sharing advertising revenue with members who contribute articles. More about that once the new site is up and running
  • New forum software. Yes, I know that we've been through a few different forums. I've never apologised for this as tinkering with the software is what I do Smile This time, I'm going back to Wordpress, but this time I'm going to use a forum native to that CMS - bbpress. bbpress does not have as many features as our current software but most site members don't use these bells and whistles. I want the new site to concentrate on content rather than anything else.
  • Any articles that are published will automatically create a new thread in the forum. Any comments/replies made to the article or the Forum Topic will be published to the forum and appear as comments on the Article and as replies to the Forum Post.
  • Enhanced ability to add emoticons (this will make [USER=5108]@Black[/USER] happy)
  • Better integration with Social Media platforms including Twitter, Facebook, and the recently created Instagram account (@yellowandblackonline) where I intend to post match day and function photos
  • Rebranding the website as Yellow and Black Online
  • Lots of other stuff
I hope that you'll enjoy the new website. I don't have a go live date at the moment but am aiming for a date between the end of the Rookie Draft and Christmas Day. I'll make the date well known.

And now, here's a preview of the new look that I'm working on.....

[attachment=o11308]

The front page will contain more stories on launch Smile

In the meantime, if anyone would like to contribute articles and be part of the advertising sharing on the new website, please send me an e-mail - [email protected].

I'll post more updates as they happen.

Coming Soon - Y & B Makeover - Vines - 28-10-2017

Cool!

Coming Soon - Y & B Makeover - Ms Tantie - 28-10-2017

Please make it less white than the sample? I love that I don't get flash-blinded by the current dark setup.

Otherwise happy tinkering (and WordPress wrestling). Smile

RARRRR!
Ms Tantie.
xox

Coming Soon - Y & B Makeover - Ned - 28-10-2017

Ms Tantie, post: 1505941, member: 5678 Wrote:Please make it less white than the sample? I love that I don't get flash-blinded by the current dark setup.

Otherwise happy tinkering (and WordPress wrestling). Smile

RARRRR!
Ms Tantie.
xox
Hard to see in the screenshot, but the background isn’t white. It’s actuallu the same colour as the text here.

Coming Soon - Y & B Makeover - Black - 29-10-2017

Ned, post: 1505935, member: 1 Wrote:Enhanced ability to add emoticons (this will make [USER=5108]@Black[/USER] happy)

Absolutely !

Bring on the new Y&B forum...The deluxe Premiership edition !

Ned, post: 1505935, member: 1 Wrote:New forum software. Yes, I know that we've been through a few different forums. I've never apologised for this as tinkering with the software is what I do Smile

Haha !

Big Grin

[attachment=o11309]

Coming Soon - Y & B Makeover - Ned - 29-10-2017

Reworked the homepage - the banner still needs some work Smile

[attachment=o11311]

Coming Soon - Y & B Makeover - iTiger59 - 29-10-2017

If possible would be great to keep the stats that are listed in left margin and rep points etc...

Coming Soon - Y & B Makeover - Ned - 29-10-2017

iTiger59, post: 1505951, member: 9584 Wrote:If possible would be great to keep the stats that are listed in left margin and rep points etc...
The number of posts (messages, replies, whatever you want to call them) is able to be migrated, the other stats (Likes, Trophy Points) are software specific so won't be migrated or used.

Coming Soon - Y & B Makeover - Vines - 29-10-2017

Ned, post: 1505952, member: 1 Wrote:The number of posts (messages, replies, whatever you want to call them) is able to be migrated, the other stats (Likes, Trophy Points) are software specific so won't be migrated or used.
WHAT??????

Coming Soon - Y & B Makeover - Vines - 29-10-2017

...jokes